1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: StrTgrm: Giddy Cowboys fans may be dreaming big again

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 17, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,951 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received
    David Thomas

I have to give Jason Garrett credit for one thing. Actually, in the wake of the Dallas Cowboys of Arlington's lights-out performance against the New York Giants on Sunday, Garrett deserves credit for many things.

But among all the things that he has done in a week on the job, there is one thing I want to point out that he did not do. He did not appear at a postgame interview with game ball in hand, hand the ball to Jerry Jones and scream into a microphone, "We did it our way, bay-bee! We did it! We did it!! We did it!!!"
    Garrett didn't overreact. Even Jones didn't overreact. Although we're still waiting for TMZ reports to see if Jones immediately flew to Vegas to collect on his winnings from Dallas +131/2.

I must report, however, that there has been some overreacting taking place around the Metroplex. I know after a 1-7 start, any sliver of hope for a Cowboys fans is worthy of being embraced. Embraces are good. I like embraces. But some of these bear hugs over defeating the Giants are a bit much.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/1...wboys-fans-may-be-dreaming.html#ixzz15XIVw4DC
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,564 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    I'm guilty, I think we have a small shot.

Emotion plays such a huge roll, I'm hoping JG has tapped into it big time. If you take the talent on this team, add fire, big things can happen.

I remember back in the day, the team would be on a roll, and then they'd cruise into St. Louis to play the putrid Cards...I still cringe, which says emotion can overcome anything.

Man up Cowboys.
  3. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Every fan deep in his heart of hearts prays for 9-7, sneak into the playoffs and watch out.

Most know that it's nearly impossible, but we're fans and have the right to hope a little. Even if it's very little.
  4. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,461 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    considering the team has been horribly underachieving it's not too far fetched to think they can win at least a handful of games,,, just enough to knock themselves out of the top 10 draft positions and still miss the playoffs. What a friggin disaster of a season.
  5. TX Cowboy

TX Cowboy Member

242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, buy in to the hype and watch as the hearts of many get broken when this team fails to produce what they expected
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,910 Messages
    2,149 Likes Received
    No doubt...what a great (and nearly impossible) dream.
    Still, as fans, dreamin' is a good thing!