1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: StrTgrm JFE:Dallas Cowboys finally get message of 0-2 start

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 27, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,793 Messages
    2,864 Likes Received
    Jennifer Floyd Engel

HOUSTON -- There were a few tears, actual tears, in the Cowboys' locker room before Sunday's game. Hardly your typical NFL pregame speech reaction.
    But the man standing in front of them is not typical.

Joe DeCamillis, the Cowboys' fiery special teams coach, was talking about those initial frightening moments after the Cowboys' practice bubble collapsed onto him and others. Players have varying memories of what he said exactly; the gist, however, was repeated verbatim.

"I had to decide: I either wanted to live or die, to fight or quit," Joe D told them. "I figured I had to do something about it."

It is a comparison only he could make, lying under the rubble of that facility and where the Cowboys were Sunday, lying in the rubble of an 0-2 start. But when Joe D talked about them having a choice to make in the ensuing hours in Houston, the message reverberated with every man in that room and stayed with them as they took the field.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/0...owboys-finally-get-message.html#ixzz10irilyNk
  2. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    hard to believe this was written by JFE.

I hope this effort continues for the rest of the season
  3. BLEU3ASY

BLEU3ASY Member

737 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's a lot of "backhandedness" going on..:laugh2:
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,676 Messages
    436 Likes Received
    She sounds just like the trolls on here ..... bitter and disappointed.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IF the Cowboys play with this type of fire the rest of the season it's going to be problems for the NFL.
  6. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yeah it was one long shot at Wade but whatever. Who cares about what a bunch of embittered media types think, all that matters is whether the Cowboys win or lose.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    still don't care for her writing but this was a decent effort,,, relatively speaking
  8. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,617 Messages
    711 Likes Received