1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: StrTgrm:Losing to Bears as easy as 1, 2, 3

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,905 Messages
    4,274 Likes Received
    BY CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
    chill@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- A lot of plays stood out in the Cowboys' 27-20 loss to the Chicago Bears on Sunday. The turnovers were certainly huge as Tony Romo's two tipped interceptions led to two field goals. But three plays shaped the game.

Play No. 1: Cowboys coach Wade Phillips called for a pooch kickoff right after Dez Bryant's 62-yard punt return touchdown in the first quarter. Bears cornerback Tim Jennings fair-caught the ball at the 42-yard line.

The result: Phillips was hoping to surprise defensive end Israel Idonije with the short kick and create a fumble. Kicker David Buehler didn't get the ball where it was supposed to go. Jennings caught the ball in good field position, robbing the Cowboys of momentum.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/09/21/2485888/losing-to-bears-as-easy-as-1-2.html#ixzz10FrPZq58
  2. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    I like Wade and want him to stay, but this was a bad call. We have a good defense, let them create the field position. Especially when we have ferris doing kickoffs.
  3. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,440 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I guess we are feeling the loss of pat watkins, John philips and Deon Andersson in special teams, Our kickoff coverage with the new guys are not that good and the kicker have to make tackles . Probably Wade and ST coach are no confident in doing straight line kicking.
  4. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yet when Sean Payton calls a play like that and it works, he's a genius and we should have hired him.