1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Stunning cuts in Atlanta; meanwhile, at Valley Ranch

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Mar 1, 2013.

1. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,576 Messages
    691 Likes Received

Pretty sure there is a spot somewhere betwen marginal and being top tier. That is where Spencer fits.
  2. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Agree 100%
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,136 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
    But how you can compare the likes of Miles Austin, Spencer and Hatcher who are in the prime of their careers to guys like Abraham and Turner who are on their way out there door?
  4. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    That analysis is riddled with so many flaws it literally makes my head hurt.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,576 Messages
    2,436 Likes Received
    What stunning cuts in Atlanta. They all seemed to make sense to me given the cost vs age/performance of players.

You don't think we should keep Hatcher?

Don't count out Free. We don't get nay cap help until June 1 with him, so there's no reason to drop him right now.

Some of those oters, however, are a bit similar to the Atlanta guys that were cut.
  6. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

340 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Emmitt had over 900 yrds rushing and over 1000 total yds. in his final season in Arizona. Thats better than anything we had at the rb position last year.
  7. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Why is Hatcher on that list? Based on last year's production he is playing for cheap. And the front office has made it more than clear they will let Spencer test the market. And I don't see fretting about Felix anywhere, etc.

Seems like you are overreacting.
  8. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,400 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    Hatcher money may not be a prime concern but we need new blood. Young athletic and hungry.
    Deadwood includes lower and medium paid guys, too, who take up room and inhibit new blood. I am not saying dump him but we do need better than Hatchers and Ratliffs to lift us. Ware and Lee need hep.

And before the screeches about "Who you gonna replace them with?" consider this: have a little creativity. Look hard in FA, the draft and be bold enough to say "We gave it a good try and ended up 8-8. It is time we moved on."

If not for this coming season, then for next. Let us be better and younger and tougher. And have training camp in New Guinea, not Northern California.
  9. GimmeTheBall!

13,400 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    Good thing Emmett did not play the Cowboys more than once.
    What was his yardage against our less than stellar defense? :)
  10. GimmeTheBall!

13,400 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    I could go for that.

The surprising thing is how many fans think Spencer is really, really good.
    We have too really, really good players on ouy defense. And Spencer is certainly not one of them.

And maybe that goes back to our sentimentality about some Cowboys. We just let go way too long.
  11. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,576 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    I agree.