1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sturm: Cowboys Big Board

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Alexander, Apr 3, 2014.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    We'll agree to disagree on Hageman. I think there is plenty to like when you watch his film. Maybe you're taking my Sheldon Richardson comparison a little too literal though. I'm not implying that Hageman should be a top 15 pick or that he belongs right with Donald or anything. I think anything between 18-25 would be where he belongs. Sturm has him at 35 which I think is crazy. I think he could really surprise people if he ends up in the right situation.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,351 Messages
    4,583 Likes Received
    I guess you are right in terms of disagreeing.

If I am putting Hageman in this draft, I put him a little higher than 35, but not by a lot. He just seems to be more of a player that a Seattle or SF can take and feel okay about. Being at 35 is only crazy if you take those clusters of rankings that serious. If I am just ordering players there is not a huge difference in 10 spots.

The Dallas fit in this scheme worries me more than anything else. I think players that are hot and cold are less successful than the effort players when it comes to what Marinelli will want.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Hageman is a 2nd round talent at best IMO.
  4. Bcrav4

Bcrav4 Member

58 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Part of the knock on Hageman is his age compared to other prospects. Isn't he almost 24? I still like him though.