1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sunday NFL early games thread

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by MegaMagick, Oct 7, 2012.

1. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Browns used to have a good D, now even their D sucks.
  2. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    V-V-Victor Cruz!
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Griffin gets crushed. Ouch.

[youtube]CHt1S3V5Gjo?vq=hd720[/youtube]
  4. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    He is nothing like Vick. They play completely different.
  5. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,885 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    checking rg3 for a concussion
  6. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Not really, why do you think they run so much option. Griff can't read a defense. They know he can't (Shannahans). That may change, but as of right now, he is a young Vick.

Vick never learned, and he probably never will. RG3 might.
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,391 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    newman is still toast.
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,951 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    The "lucky" argument cracks me up because it's been going on for about 4-5 years.

At what point does a consistent part of a teams game become something more than pure chance?
  9. NIBGoldenchild

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    He reads defenses. They don't run the option nearly as much as you think. Watch more than highlights. He goes through his progressions. He doesn't lock onto receivers. This falsehood that he can't read defenses is based off people stereotyping running quarterbacks and not watching his games.
  10. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,037 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I've been watching his games. I don't just watch highlights. If I'm wrong, tell me why Shannahan runs a college offense for him? You can deny it all you want, but it's a known fact. Shannahan has admitted he needs to tone it down because RG3 takes too many shots, and here we are.
  11. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I wish we had Eli. Or Matt Ryan.
  12. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,524 Messages
    966 Likes Received
    I agree completely .. it's definitely a college offense. I mean if it works, it works, but it is what it is.

#reality
  13. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Get the TD here, Steelers.
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,558 Messages
    3,411 Likes Received
    Preferably one from Ben R. to Mike Wallace... :cool:
  15. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,089 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    The Steelers team speed is giving the Eagles problems. I wish we had their speed on offense.
  16. Skinsmaniac

Skinsmaniac Boycotting Snyder since 2009

1,447 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How many option plays have they run this game? I can think of only one. RGIII's QBR against the blitz in 158. He can read defenses.
  17. NIBGoldenchild

955 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Quote him. I've never heard/read him say that.

They want to take advantage of his talent, so that is why a PORTION of the offense is similar to what he ran at Baylor. There is a beat reporter that breaks down the formations and offensive stats after every game. Kyle Shanahan has consistently called a third of less of the packaged plays that you speak of.

If he was always in shotgun and running the offense the way coaches run an offense with Tebow behind center, I could understand what you're saying. But that isn't the reality of how they've ran this offense.
  18. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll drink to that. I have them both on ff team.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,951 Messages
    1,703 Likes Received
    The Ravens are the dumbest team I've ever seen.

Every week they are in these dog fight-type close games because they're constantly trying to pass.

I seriously cannot remember a team with such an effective back that just will not give the guy the ball.

I can't remember who it was last week that pointed (maybe Salt) but the Eagles do it too but the Ravens are just criminally bad in this area.

Ray Rice has 92 yards on 13 carries. Flacco has 26 attempts, the numbers have kind of sat still for a few minutes.

Ray Rice just rips run after run and ever on plays where there's nothing he's one of those guys that falls forward for a yard or two.

I honestly can't believe it. Rice had 64 carries coming into the game. That's ridiculous.

Their last 3 games have been decided by a combined 9 points and their in a 6 point game this week. How is he not getting the ball?
  20. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Look, he already agreed with you and rightly so. No need to keep belaboring the point. The Giants deserved their SB victories. It's just sour grapes to some Cowboy fans.

Now go away.