1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Sundays games cut Cowboys way!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by landroverking, Nov 25, 2012.

1. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,493 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    Do the outcome of todays games give you any hope? Or have you given up on the season?
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,203 Messages
    5,686 Likes Received
    the best news of the day was those two corners from seattle being suspended.
  3. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,861 Messages
    637 Likes Received
    Hu?..
  4. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    If there is a chance Ill still have hope. Obviously the the odds arent in our favor but Im still holding out hope.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,177 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    It's a tease. Can't believe that EVERY SINGLE GAME went our way though.
    IMO, the wildcard was a long shot anyway and the chance was the NFC East. I say our odds are about 10%...maybe.
    We can hope.
  6. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I see nothing from the Cowboys to indicate that they'll be anything other than 7-9 or 8-8, so unless 8-8 is enough to make the playoffs...no, I'm not optimistic.
  7. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    There's absolutely no hope because we're our own worst enemy.
  8. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Ravens converted a 4th and 29 (questionable) to get into OT.

On the field it was called a first down. The spot of the ball was thankfully reviewed, because obviously Ray Rice was short. After nine minutes (yes, NINE) of deliberation, discussion and measurement, the referees ruled that Ray Rice got the first down, despite clearly being short of the line.

This could be a game-deciding move, as the Ravens and Chargers are in overtime.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/11...hargers-ray-rice-awarded-a-first-down-somehow
  9. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,649 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    A Giants loss and I will feel just a little bit better of our chances.

I dont think a Wildcard is possible. I think Seattle has the last spot, unless they have a meltdown. Doubt it.
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,776 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Right, and Thursday's game proves that. There is simply no excuse for losing to that Skins team, NONE!
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,281 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    IIRC, Adam posted in a thread before the WAS game that our chances of making the playoffs after a loss this week was around 33%, btw. (I know, I know, we'll lose all the rest of our games, JG can't call plays, our OL sucks, etc.)
  12. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I said the season would stink in August.

Haven't given up. Looked, saw the holes, said so.

No, I have no hope with this offensive line.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,881 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    Same but I won't feel much better.

I think we have 3 more wins left in our season.
  14. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,148 Messages
    1,016 Likes Received
    They really did. Especially when you look at what TB, SEA, NO, MIN, NYG and WASH have next week. We could be a jumbled mess at this time next week with a bunch of 6-6 teams.
  15. USMarineVet

USMarineVet Active Member

356 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Minnesota, TB, Seattle and N.O. all lost. I'd say with a Giants loss tonight; (which I expect) it's reason for optimism. And looking at the schedules for each team going forward; I'd say we have a fair chance.

I understand we've been battered with injuries but hope is always a good thing. So I will hope for the best.
  16. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,426 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter this team isn't good enough to take advantage.
  17. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,614 Messages
    1,346 Likes Received
    This team is a giant hot mess. Its hard to look at the remaining schedule and find more than two wins.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I thought this was an 8-8 team before the season started due to a sorry oline, so it was over for me in the preseason. It is not going to do any good if the Cowboys make the playoffs. They are not a good team and won't win the Super Bowl if they do make it. A few wins will keep JJ from making any changes, so I am at the point that I don't care if they win another game.
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,124 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    This right here. We can't count on our team winning. When you rely on other teams losing all the time, that points to how bad your team sucks.

I hope the wheels fall off so we can make some badly needed changes.
  20. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

3,912 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    We've been down this road so many times only to have our team fail to produce.

So many previous chances to finally shake the loser mentality but always giving into it.

I'll hope for it, but I won't expect anything other than another broken heart.