1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Super Bowl XLVII or Bust Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Jerry, if you realize that OL was a weakness, don't put your eggs in the basket of Livings and Bernadeau answering those issues.

#14. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford, 6'5", 315.
    There is no doubt in my mind that in a few years people will look back at the 2012 Draft and say that David DeCastro is the best player from that Draft pool. If he is gone when we pick, fine. if he is there, and I think he will be, passing on him will be a bigger mistake than passing on Randy Moss was. I want to win. This kid is better than Livings and Bernadeau. One of them is going to be depth, DeCastro starts at LG. If we do not fix the OL we are not going to the Super Bowl any time soon. It is really just that simple. Alternate pick if he is gone...Whitney Mercilus, OLB, Illinois.

#45. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska, 6'4", 280. He starts day 1 at RDE. I make him watch film of Justin Smith at Frisco last year and turn him loose. I ask Mike Woicik to put 10 to 15 pounds of muscle on him and get his cardio up. Alternate Pick...Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin. Truth be told I'd take him even if I did take DeCastro.

#81. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon, 5'8", 195. I am sick and tired of no solid Return games. And though I like Phillip Tanner and I do enjoy Dez on Punt Returns, I want a guy with a high gear who this is his main job. If you want to keep Tanner, then Trade Felix for more picks, greed, greed, greed. Alternate pick...Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana.

#113. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona, 6'3", 225. No this is not too much Offense early. Juron has great hands and moves the chains. He has a nose for the endzone. He is fearless over the middle. In other words, a weapon for Tony Romo. Alternate pick...Marcus Forston, DT, Miami.

#135. Brian Linthicum, TE, Michigan State, 6'4", 250. This is the TE I want. He is ultra smart. Is now working on his Masters after getting his Bachelor's degree in 2.5 years. Solid blocker who finds the 2nd level. Good hands when needed. He is a team first guy. This pick cannot be traded because it is a Compensatory pick. Alternate pick...Ryan Steed, CB, Furman.

#152. Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A & M, 6'0", 194.
    Depth in the backfield and kid who can help on Special Teams in coverage and possibly as an extra returner. Alternate pick...Jake BeQuette, DE, Arkansas.

#186. Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6'1", 325. I am serious when I say this, I think he ultimately will be the best NT in this Draft class. If you haven't seen this kid play you have no idea how wild he is. The pocket collapses and he pushes people all over freeing up tackles lanes. Alternate pick...Nick Foles, QB, Arizona.

#222. Brian Anger, P, California, 6'4", 208.
    If McBriar is not coming back I prefer we get a guy who pins teams deep. This kid does it no matter how far back he has to start. He can thump a football into the atmosphere. I have no faith in Chris Jones. Alternate pic...Akiem Nicks, DT, Regina.

UDFAs

Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
    Nick Foles, QB, Arizona (If this happens, sign him quick.)
    Donta Paige-Moss, OLB, North Carolina (my pet cat)
    Vontaze Burfict, ILB, ASU (The only way I'd kick the tires on this putz.)
    Tank Carder, LB, TCU
  2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Who will be your center, Hostile?

:rolleyes:
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I would be on cloud 9 with that draft hos
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    What happened to Paige-Moss? Want DeCastro but Jerry gonna break your heart.
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I like it. I wouldnt mind a a solid Center though.
  6. dalboy

dalboy one man wolf pack

1,093 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    would want a secondary player earlier but other than that I like
  7. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Coryell Judie is good value where you drafted him.
  8. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Bernadeau
  9. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Per BTB sounds like Calahan told Bernadeau that he was guard material no mention of center. I hate having to draft a center as they are at best average this year and the draft pick they take up could be better used but that is our chink in the armor that was not addressed in FA.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,680 Likes Received
    I'd love to get Broyles in UDFA but that isn't going to happen. He's off the board by the end of the 4th round.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,680 Likes Received
    This is his plan. Not a prediction of what the Cowboys will do.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    Love the first 2 picks, especially DeCastro at 14 but something tells me, not only will he be there at 14, we're not gonna take him. I really hope I am wrong....

:bang2:
  13. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Want to explain why every time I get ready to release my mock you have to put your up hours before? lol

Anyways, I'm going to CVS to get my Sympathy card for you so I don't forget it. I'm figuring it's the least I can do to help ease the agony when Dallas passes on DeCastro. I get what your saying, I agree with what your saying but unforgivably, the Cowboys won't be looking at it that way.

I used to be a huge fan of Crick, outside the injuries there are just too many question about his game. The heart is there but I think he is maxed out. In other words, he is what he is and 'm not sure that's any better then what we have.

Love the James pick in the 3rd, most of my prior mocks had him penciled in there. Not a popular pick but a typical Dallas pick in the 3rd and if he's there the odds are good it's going to cause some discussion in the war room.

Not as high on Criner as you are but we all have our things. I have no problem with the pick it all, just not the WR I would look at.

Linthicum is a interesting pick and one not talked about a whole lot. He would be a great addition. Much better blocker then receiver at this point but that's what Dallas wants. I also love your alternate pick. Recently did a interview the local CBS affiliate on Steed. Real nice kind with some major skills. His mother lives 10 minutes down the road from me and uncle is a huge Cowboys fan.

Love Judie at 152, think he is terribly under rated in this draft.

Fangupo is becoming a favorite of mine but at the same time many NFL teams are starting to take a liking as well and I don't think he will be there in the 6th and his value may be rising past what the Cowboys are willing to spend.

Anger is funny, I hate punters and kickers (not as much as you) but for some reason I see this pick as a no brainer for Dallas and something they must do. McBriar is not coming back and I'm not comfortable handing the job to Jones. Someone will pick this kid so you cant hope to get him as a FA. If you want him your going to need to spend a pick to do it.

I don't think any of your UDFA's will make it to UDFA.

Ryan Broyles 4-5 Rounds
    Nick Foles 6-7 Rounds
    Donta Paige-Moss 6-7 Rounds
    Vontaze Burfict will go the Eagles at some point
    Tank Carder 4th round, his stock is hot
  14. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Yeah, and that can change. In this case it would. He can either start at Center or beat out Living s at Guard and I'll take Konz in the 2nd round.
  15. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I hope it does change as the center position is the weakest in my opinion, drives me crazy trying make a mock including a center. Where does everyone get the consensus that Koonz is the best option for us?
  16. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    What you tell him when recruiting him is not always what happens in camp.

Although I think unless we draft Konz, Killer will start at center.
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Strengths:
    Prototypical size and overall build for a No. 1 receiver. Does a nice job finding soft spot in zone coverage; gives his quarterback a big target. Has the potential to be a quality possession receiver. Good all-around athlete; will make some plays after the catch. Good vision as a runner after the catch.

Weaknesses:
    Route running is often sloppy; doesn’t make sharp cuts and will struggle to break free from man coverage at the next level. Extremely careless running with the football after the catch; frequently carries the ball away from his body and will have it stripped occasionally. Inconsistent adjusting to poorly thrown balls. Inconsistent hands; will make some nice plays but will also drop some very easy passes. Typically catches with his body. Limited speed; not a serious deep treat. Effort as a blocker is inconsistent. Hospitalized during 2011 offseason to undergo neurological testing; reportedly was deal with some personal issues, but the details were never made public – this may not be an issue, but teams certainly need to ask questions about the situation.

Comments:
    Criner is a frustrating player. He flashes the ability to make some big plays, but is terribly inconsistent. The most concerning thing with Criner is the fact that he is so sloppy in all of the minor aspects of the game. First, he needs to do a better job catching the ball away from his body. He clearly has the hand size to do this and it will minimize the needless drops. He also needs to secure the football after the catch. Too often he tries to be a playmaker and gets careless with the football. The potential is certainly there for Criner to develop into a productive receiver, but he is definitely a developmental prospect

http://draftace.com/blog/2012/04/01/juron-criner-scouting-report/
  18. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,562 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    I don't see the cowboys passing on Decastro or Cordy Glenn if they are available at 14, Romo has a window and DE is not our problem. Nobody is talking about Glenn but he is quietly moving up some boards past Decastro because of his ability to play both Guard and Tackle and his size and speed are incredible. I like 350 lb guards that can get out into space and pull into the second level!

I like Crick but i'm not crazy about us drafting DE this year. I see us addressing the Center, Safety & NT positions before DE as it's more of a need. We are small in the middle with ratliff, lee/connor/carter. A big NT who demands double teams with ratliff sliding makes us a better pass rushing team and a better run stopping team freeing up Lee/ Carter/Connor .

This scenario would allows us to draft G/C/DB and TE early and NT later and the draft is set up for that scenario.