1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

sureletsmock 2011 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by sureletsrace, Oct 31, 2010.

1. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,055 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    Let's have another go at this.

1) Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - This is an obvious pick. Scandrick has been ruining our pass defense. Peterson could easily take his spot immediately. In a few years, we'd have Newman's replacement.

2) *Trade* This pick + first 6th for mid 20's first-round pick and take DeAndre McDaniel, SS, Clemson - This guy is outstanding. True ballhawk to take over for Alan Ball.

3) Benjamin Ijalana, OG, Villanova - A great looking OG prospect. I truly believe he would take over for Leonard Davis. Excellent run and pass blocker.

4) Colin McCarthy, ILB, Miami - Strong against the run and better than average against the pass. Outstanding special teams player. Always seems to be around the ball.

5) Evan Royster, RB, Penn State - I've watched him play for a year and a half now, and he's a very good all-around RB. BPA at this pick.

6) Traded

6) Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford - Just a great athlete. Could set a record for minutes played in a season. Outstanding motor, never stops moving his feet. The kind of player you want to find a place for.

7) Kai Forbath, K, UCLA - Just a solid kicker. Der Buehler needs to stay on kickoff duties, as his lack of touchbacks are killing our special teams.

7) Eugene Clifford, SS, Tenn State - Decently quick SS. Solid against run game and holds his own in pass defense. Several interceptions and pass breakups.
  2. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,478 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    You can't move up from the 30's to the 20's for a 6th round pick.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    let me ask this sure

3) Benjamin Ijalana, OG, Villanova - A great looking OG prospect. I truly believe he would take over for Leonard Davis. Excellent run and pass blocker

have you seen him play ?

I just not sure about taking another project

I want a G or a OT/OG that can play today
  4. the truth of it all

the truth of it all Benched

661 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You do not take a corner that high in the draft absolutely not
  5. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Firstly, Peterson would be ready to start over Newman day 1, not a few years down the road. 2nd, Mcdaniels is NOT outstanding. You obviously have not seen him play this year.
  6. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i like this draft, only thing i dont like, you didnt take enough offensive linemen, now if you can go out and get mankins OG, all the better, but we need at least 2 studs on this offensive line, one at OG, and one at ROT

stud offensive linemen like erik williams and larry allen