1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The Sports Newswire
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Takk Mckinley is on the board at 28

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, Apr 18, 2017.

1. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

16,328 Messages
    2,390 Likes Received

Yeah I guess I wasn't clear. It wasn't exactly a list in order of talent but really just a guess of what would be there at 28.

2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

24,604 Messages
    10,310 Likes Received
    bleh. he looks stiff on tape and at the combine.

reddyuta and Sarge like this.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

11,521 Messages
    6,422 Likes Received
    Agree
    Any your 5th best pass rusher may be my 3rd best anyway

DFWJC likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

24,717 Messages
    9,606 Likes Received
    ^^^^^^

5. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

8,864 Messages
    3,872 Likes Received
    I agree, we just do not know but soon we will find out if he is indeed available. :)

The Jerry comment we just do not know how far that applies to an injured player, is it only a Jaylon type injury and redshirt player or a player that may be unavailable for game action until October, we simply do not know yet.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Been asking for about 3 months now for someone to show me evidence of Takk getting a sack using a pass rush move, good hand usage, or speed and agility to bend around the edge....still waiting.
    Hustle and effort is nice and all, but if he can't consistently beat OT's in the NFL he's going to be mediocre, at best.

Sarge likes this.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

10,970 Messages
    3,794 Likes Received
    Not that I disagree completely, but moves & hand usage are something that a lot of these prospects could improve on.

If he got 10 sacks from just running real fast, stands to reason he can get much better with some NFL coaching

8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Flexibility is a hard thing to teach...

And he didn't get sacks from running real fast. NFL QB's won't hold onto the ball as long as Pac 12 QB's. 2nd effort sacks isn't a realistic way to make a living as a DE in the NFL.

reddyuta likes this.
  9. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

9,616 Messages
    4,109 Likes Received
    Pass

Sarge likes this.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

26,703 Messages
    17,338 Likes Received
    Here is the link:

Player: Tanoh Kpassagno
    Position: DE
    Overall Rank: 158

Trouty likes this.
  11. BermyStar

BermyStar Well-Known Member

281 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    In this draft the 2nd best safety is the easy choice for me. Adams and Hooker are generally considered 1 and 2, mostly in that order. Hooker is my favorite player in this draft and has potential to be elite. Even if you rate them in reverse Adams has elite potential as well.

CowboyFan74 likes this.
  12. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

9,819 Messages
    10,384 Likes Received
    If all prospects from big programs were perfectly coached then the vast majority of players would never show anything but linear progression that comes with playing time and experience. Thankfully we know that not to be true.

13. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Really? You like Tanoh that much? Kinda surprising

14. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    We aren't talking about subtle nuances to make him better. We are taking about the basic fundamentals of playing the position that should be taught in high school. If you think Mora Jr and Tom Bradley (2 defensive gurus) didn't try and teach him hand use or pass rush moves you're crazy.

15. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

9,819 Messages
    10,384 Likes Received
    I mean we see this every year. Often a guy who is more physically talented just leans on that ability to produce and no coach can get through to them.

Put them up against Tyron Smith and suddenly perhaps they start to listen.

I'm not a fan of his at 28 but I'm not so overly concerned about his raw technique.

16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

26,703 Messages
    17,338 Likes Received
    Some college coaches don't go that far coaching up the really good players. The player has limited time and they don't want to change the player's natural style or to make him start over-thinking. Also, coaches spend a lot of time trying to coach up the weak positions on the team.

It's one of the reasons many QBs come out of college with poor mechanics. The college coach often doesn't want that QB to have to learn to play with different mechanics, so they just coach him on the non-mechanics part of playing QB.

Trouty likes this.
  17. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

758 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    How do you know who the best is?

18. bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter Active Member

150 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    We really need to stop drafting injured players. I'm not a fan of the 3/4 OLB position that he seems to fit better either.

19. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

16,328 Messages
    2,390 Likes Received

I don't...

DFWJC likes this.
  20. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

758 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    You might want to watch Smith and Takk play before you say something like this?