1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talk about a D mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by super8, Dec 26, 2011.

1. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1 Melvin Ingram, OLB, South Carolina

2 Kelechi Osemele, OT/G, Iowa State 6-5 #347

we need a one ROAD GRADER on our O line

3 Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma

4 Ryan Van Bergen, DE/DT, Michigan 6-6 #283

5 Delvin Johnson, DT/NT, Marshall 6-3 #312

6 Carmen Messina, ILB, New Mexico

6 Travian Robertson, DE/DT, South Carolina 6-4 #294

7 Tramain Thomas, FS, Ark
  2. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Look at all the kids we brought in this year at the OL.

They can all run and play in space. They are all kind of tenacious and scrappy. This is what Garrett wants. Any guy who can't get out and run will not end up on this OL. I don't know the movement skills of the guy you highlighted - Larry Allen could really move when he was young.
  3. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    That's a lot of 5 techniques even though it is one of the deeper parts of the team.

Ingram intrigues me with his pass rush and mobility. I'd be pretty happy with the pick if he can run a 4.7 and can pass the OLB drills.
  4. mrmason67

mrmason67 Member

71 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    2012 COWBOYS LINEUP

OL: T. SMITH, Kelechi Osemele(DRAFT), P. COSTA(?), C. NICKS(FA). D. FREE
    The only question is P. Costa. We need to be able to run the ball and protect T. Romo. When he had time to throw he is unstoppable.

DL: Melvin Ingram, J. HATCHER, J. RATLIFF, Ryan Van Bergen, D. WARE
    B. CARTER, S. LEE
    Jamell Fleming, A. ELAM, G. SENSABAUGH, M. JENKINS

Sean Lissmore could be the guy to step up and grab the DE opposite of J. Hatcher. I like his motor and speed.
  5. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    It's deep, but not very good. If you look at our drafts over the last few years, it seems we identify one area in particular that we want to upgrade, and then pick at least two (if not three) players at that position.
  6. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,700 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    So far, UNC looks completely disinterested on defense in this game. Sometimes that's what you get in these bowl games.
  7. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You are right about the type of OL that have been brought in , but they all lack power and size .
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    We are going to use misdirection and movement. We are going to get out on the edge and away from those 330 pound DTs instead of trying to run through them. We will trap them and use positional blocking instead of trying to push them off the line.

I think we are going to see a whole new offense once we get Garrett's guys in there.
  9. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea I sure it won't shake out this way - but at least we get a lot if DL to look at I think we need to get bigger an stronger at D line

well give our D guys this year with Woicik

just a D mock thats about it - just something to do in my spare time

I'd rather go with

Derek Wolfe, DE/DT, Cincinnati but he is supposedly picked in the 2nd round

I really like Zeilter in 2 - but Osemele is a road grader type - reminds me of C Nicks

or we could go with

Don Barclay, OT/OG , West Virginia
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 305.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.16
    Projected Round (2012): 3-5

10/28/11Barclay had a quality performance against Marshall's standout pass rusher Vinny Curry. Barclay allowed some pressure, but did not give up a sack. Quarterback Geno Smith helped out his tackle by escaping the pocket and getting the ball out reasonably quickly. Curry may be the best pass rusher Barclay faces all season, so not giving up a sack causes him to be moved into the mid-rounds. Barclay had a harder game against LSU, allowing some heat on the quarterback, but he battled and had his share of wins. Barclay is having a strong senior season who has improved his draft stock

left tackle Don Barclay. Overall, he did a good job in pass protection and gave quarterback Geno Smith time to throw. Barclay gave up a sack in the fourth quarter, but it was a coverage sack. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder has some quick feet and power. He would be better off moving inside to guard in the NFL and could be a good pick in the middle of the draft
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I understand what they are trying to do , but sometimes you have to be able to line up and get 1yard . That is where these smaller linemen come up short . A 300 lb OL just can't move these huge DL in the trenches . I think this is an area that the scouting department has come up short . Scouts have trouble finding these big linemen that can move . They are out there , the scouts have trouble evaluating them . I love a big physical line that can impose their will on the defense .
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,686 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    As was put, sometimes you NEED to be able to move the DL. A bunch of small guys will give you problems just like a bunch of big guys.

The answer of course is a bunch of guys around 310 that are mid range and agile. Strong enough to get it done and quick enough to get it done,