1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talk me off the ledge...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by fjones, Mar 25, 2012.

1. fjones

fjones Member

184 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    As a long time fan, some times I get my heart really set on things. Last year was Tyron Smith ( all good!) This year I want another big nasty. I miss Larry Allen, and so I have my Cowboys loving heart set on David Decastro. I think this years class seems flawed, I don't want Quinton Coples as he doesn't strike me as a team player more a me first.

If Decastro is gone where do we go, I don't like Barron that high, and I think the CB's except Clairborne (sp) have warts...

Yikes whats a guy to do. I am even toying with saying trading down is better than staying put. :bang2:
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    There are probably a million threads about this... browse the Draft Zone, you'll find plenty of ideas on what to do other than DeCastro...
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    this board is going to collapse when DeCastro IS available and we dont take him
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Absolutely, and probably justly so. Lots of high hopes, why wouldn't there be a let down?
  5. fjones

fjones Member

184 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I've seen lots of the ideas. I'm just at a loss, the Interior of the O-line needs fixing. The 2 FA signs I view as stop gap as best. I'm just getting ready to have my heart broken again :D
  6. GloryDaysRBack

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    because its understandable if we pass on him
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,210 Messages
    683 Likes Received
    I will not be surprised but only if some higher ranked guys are still available,it makes no sense just to pass on him because he is a guard.
  8. GloryDaysRBack

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    but it does make sense to him because we have more pressing needs than guard...if we didnt just sign bert and ernie than sure..but apparently we have our 2 guards
  9. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    A lot like Mendenhal a few years back.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,821 Messages
    1,678 Likes Received
    of course there are always people that will reach for a need rather then take the outstanding player who also fills a need.
  11. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,873 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Here's another top guard that was good enough to play tackle...
    Just needs to lose some weight...

Cordy Glenn

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632069/cordy-glenn
  12. GloryDaysRBack

9,468 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    reach for a need? lol, you dont even know who i want at 14
  13. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    As much as I like DeCastro there is depth at that position in this draft. I think there are some interior lineman that are going to be available in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th who could be upgrades for us. One position On the flip side I think quality Pass rushers are gonna start to get scarce after the first 20 picks or so.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,273 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    What does that have to do with fans being disappointed if we don't select him? It's understandable why we cut dead weight and started a 7th round rookie guard and free agent center, that doesn't mean you can't be disappointed with the result.
  15. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I predict he is gone before we get the chance.
  16. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,848 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Ya. Oh well.
  17. Jaxonsdaddd

Jaxonsdaddd Member

327 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I cant believe the love fest for decastro on this board. Hes a fine player and if we were picking at 22 then i wouldnt mind taking him.

He is not larry allen and the ridiculous talk about the best guard in the last 10 years just needs to stop.
  18. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........agree:bang2: