1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talkin cowboys 1/16

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 16, 2014.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,474 Messages
    3,747 Likes Received
    Ware and Witten I agree. You always need a franchise QB. While Romo isn't over the hill we still need him.
  2. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    you said it.
  3. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

576 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I don't think Romo's a good fit with Garrett. He needs someone who will actually coach him and not allow him to throw the ball close to 50 times practically every week.

Last weekend teams led by Brady and Manning, two future HoF QBs, called over 30 run plays in their games.

We have a RB averaging 7 ypc and a 20 pt lead and still can't get the Garrett/Romo combo to run the ball 20 times.

The Garrett-Romo combo needs to be broken up because all we get are a bunch of hollow numbers from the QB position.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  4. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    No, heres the thing. We dont need Ware put up 20 sacks to win. He was hurt this year and played terrible because we had nothing behind him.
    We need solid help from Witten AND Ware. Not all time great numbers. If youre looking to get some new blood to put up prime Ware numbers you may just be waiting for your whole life.
    There is not a losing culture to transition from. You want to see some losing? Let them cut Ware, Witten and Romo and youll get all the losing you can handle. Ill say it again, Ware was injured. Poor years happen and its not likely to happen again next year. Take a look at the NFL leader in sacks this year. Is he older than Ware? Yep, and has had some bad years too. This is not uncommon.
    Jesus, thank god some of you guys arent running this team. It would make these 8-8 seasons seem like the glory days. Thankfully, guys that arent paid to make these calls dont agree with this whole "losing culture" and "rebuilding phase" crap.
  5. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    lulz, did one of those HOF QBs have the record in passing attempts this season? Did the other have over 600?
    Because they typically run the ball so often

Not really related to this post but...
    Hilarious how when it suits Romo will get compared with older QBs who have both had far more serious injuries. However, Tony is washed up.
  6. Cowboy_Shawn

576 Messages
    84 Likes Received

I don't think he's washed up I just think he needs better coaching.
  7. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    809 Likes Received
    I think he's more thinking along the lines of 2012. I doubt Romo was even in the top 10 in attempts this year.
  8. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    lol cuz the defense was always on the field.
  9. Cowboy_Shawn

576 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    Ware was largely invisible this year.They'd have gone 8-8 with or without Ware.

Name a game or two from last year where he had a significant impact. I'll wait.

Also, you seem to be misunderstanding the point of my post. I don't have a problem with those players. I'm just not keen on signing those guys to high dollar contracts at this stage of their career.

Instead of spending $12 million for Ware how about spreading that money to pay for 2 or 3 really good players rather than on one declining player. That's all I'm trying to say.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,570 Messages
    1,575 Likes Received
    Probably around 7.8 mil but that would depend on what Dallas does with his salary this yr. Either they reduce the salary with a restrucutre or he takes a pay cut. so you dont know until that happens.
    TTexasTT likes this.
  11. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Such a big gamble in hopes that last year was just a one season thing....
    NFL should disregard salary caps.
  12. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,674 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Well, once the dialog becomes personal that the value of debate is lost.My last post on the subject is "we'll see".
  13. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    sweet
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,231 Messages
    4,351 Likes Received
    What do you do with Ware if he refuses a pay cut?
  15. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,047 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    I’m less concerned with Melton’s knee.

The truth is that nowadays an ACL injury doesn't usually have the impact on a player’s carrier that it did 10+ years ago.

Most come back with the ACL stronger that it was before the injury and with full functionality.

As for Spencer.

Microfracture surgery that’s another kettle of fish altogether.
  16. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,185 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I don't think anything would have guessed the market would have dropped that much compared to the year before. We'll never know if Spencer would have outperformed those guys on the field, but I think most would agree he could have. Spencer is a good player and Rod's job is to recognize that, it's Jerry's and Stephen's to pay for it and determine what if a fair price.
  17. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,472 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    i don't think most logical fans think ware is done. but thats not really the issue. the issue is the money and that has to be addressed.
  18. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,299 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    the obvious miss here is last season he wasn't right until well ever.
    he couldn't work his core for risk of making his back worse during the season.
    he never had an off-season workout period.

the good news is this was a very early surgery and he if he doesn't have an off-season workout period he is probably done.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,299 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    11.5 sacks is a bad year only for Ware.
    If we signed a guy and he had 11.5 sacks you guys wouldn't let his toilet paper hit his backside.
    Common Sense and Corso like this.
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,299 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    No offense but you are letting your personal agenda create dumb posts.

Rod likes what he likes. He didn't like Sharrif and he likes Ware.
    Agree or disagree all you want but he's not worried about changing jobs.

In fact if Dallas hadn't blocked him he would already be in Tampa with his buddy Lovie.

Rod can coach DL for anyone at anytime. There isn't a comparable guy.