1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Talkin Cowboys 5.14

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, May 15, 2014.

1. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

702 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Garrett got the HC job because he's well thought of by the Jones family. No! im noting saying hes a good coach, but other teams were going to hire him.
  2. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Active Member

210 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Someone needs tell Mickey to take a breather every now and then. All that water he carries for the Cowboys must get pretty heavy after a while.
    RS12 likes this.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    NO he means that Lawrence isnt a finished product. They want to develop him on the fly. Getting production out of him in situations they know play to his strengths while at the same time learning all the aspects of being a WDe in the tampa 2
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    The seahawks won the superbowl by hitting everything in sight. So these kinds of statements mean nothing
    CowboyGil likes this.
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    Dallas wasnt looking at Ward. They wouldve taken Lawrence in that trade down in round 1. probably Ealy in round 2 and Trai round 3
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,871 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    I am a little disappointed in our draft as well. I just don't like Lawrence that much. I really want to but I just don't see it.

I love our first pick, and the seventh round. Everything else was kind of meh to me.

I certainly don't see this draft making us that much better this year. Which is tough, cause that likely means new coaching staff next year which in turn means this draft class may get ignored by the new regime

Martin was such a good pick though. They should get credit for that. Street is a solid role player and our 7th rounders were all great value. So its not horrible by any means
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,012 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Cliff Notes: Cowboys will have screwed it up again.
  8. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

442 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    yep....TR is not long for this league sadly. I'd give anything for him to be 5 yrs younger but it is what it is. I think we win 5-7 games this year, and 8-10 next season which could be his last. IF we stay disciplined and continue to draft like we have the last 2 years. we can and should be very good by the 2016 season. At least they are changing it up and doing things the right way for the most part. No quick fix type picks the last couple drafts....I'm encouraged.
    birdwells1 likes this.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,767 Messages
    4,843 Likes Received
    What makes you think Jerry could be ready to move on from Garrett?
  10. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,871 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    His contract expires after this year?
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,767 Messages
    4,843 Likes Received
    You believe that actually means something?
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,871 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    Absolutely. Jerry would give an extension to anybody who has only kind of proven himself.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,272 Messages
    2,099 Likes Received
    I understand what this means. I am not sold on giving up two picks to get this guy who could be a liability in the run game.
  14. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,272 Messages
    2,099 Likes Received
    Obviously. But it's okay that I have a concern, isn't it? I mean you allow me that option, right?
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    I agree, but from what Dallas is saying theyre rotating this DL alot this yr. And atleast let him play a game first before you call him a liability
  16. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,853 Likes Received
    Guess that philosophy didnt work for Hatcher
  17. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,417 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I dont think he had the money for that one.
  18. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,779 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    That would have been the best alternative. But like you said that only works with hindsight.
    BigStar likes this.
  19. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,492 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    Carter wins that competition and Holloman wins the other spot. At least I believe that would be the best situation. Hopefully Holloman can stay healthy.

Melton, Lawrence and Crawford have to be above average players if this defense is even going to have a chance. All 3 are major ????
    BigStar likes this.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    Then we draft or sign someone else.