1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Talking Cowboys: Free splitting Reps

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,050 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    If Parnell plays, regardless of how well he plays, that's an interesting development. It basically means that the Cowboys now see RT as a need. That's something that the team has not admitted up to this point. Playing Parnell would obviously be an admission of this, assuming of course there are no injury considerations attached to a decision such as this and I have not heard of any to date so.......
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,283 Messages
    7,040 Likes Received
    I'd say splitting snaps alone in week 14 is all the indication we need to see (if he's really splitting snaps and not just working in on his regular packages). Free's either going to have to redo his deal and fight for his starting job or is a goner.
  3. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,636 Messages
    1,361 Likes Received
    Remember is 2009 when it took weeks and weeks of Folk missing FGs for them to make a move? (And of course people here continued to defend Folk up until the day he was fired). All I can say is, WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,050 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    I don't think I agree here Idgit. Teams split snaps with players all the time. Sometimes it to try and make opposing teams have more to prepare for, sometimes it's to try and see what you have in another player in order to make roster decisions, sometimes it's to motivate players, sometimes it's for injury reasons.

Until a player is actually replaced in a game, I don't really think it matters as much. You can have players share snaps but if the starter is still starting all 16 games, the starter still has leverage. I think all that changes when you pull a starter.

JMO