1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tampa Bay Practice Tweets - 09/19/12

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,324 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen
    Greg Schiano barking at his DBs early on in today's practice. Demanding physicality with WRs at the line of scrimmage.

So at second glance, Preston Parker is practicing but Sammie Stroughter is not. So Shipley's arrival related to Stroughter not Parker #Bucs

Parker was injured in the game but apparently it's minor. Not clear on what's with Stroughter.

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
    Practice confirms depth chart: Demar Dotson is the starting RT.

Bucs offense wearing red in practice, defense in white, breaking with tradition. Bucs will mostly likely wear red in Dallas.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers ‏@TBBuccaneers
    Uncommon sight on the Bucs' practice field today: defense is in white jerseys, offense in red. Maybe giving QBs look at white jerseys?
  2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Bucs will most likely wear Red in Dallas"

LIKE, DUH!!!
  3. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,017 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    Please Jam us with no help over the top.
  4. WoodysGirl

65,324 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    Actually, Dez struggles with getting off the jam, which may have contributed to his lack of success in Seattle.

Not a bad technique against him if that's what they're going to do.
  5. Frozen700

12,017 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    :mad:

I thought it was due the fact they kept safeties back?

I do agree though, seems as if he has trouble with the Jam at times. If its as bad as you say, it spells bad news. He has to get better at fighting that.
  6. WoodysGirl

65,324 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    It was talked about all through preseason...and there's an article on espndallas that I haven't posted, but I think it talked about how he didn't get any success out wide against Seattle.

As physical as he is, he's not always physical enough coming off the line.

So he needs some work.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,497 Messages
    5,235 Likes Received
    Their reporters don't have enough snark.
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    The Garrett offense has struggled with defenses that play physical coverage over the years. I remember we were all complaining back in 2008 when defenses would do it to Terrell Owens and would want them to try something different like sending him in motion. Unfortunately, because the plays ALWAYS come in so late on the road and they break huddle and have less than 4 seconds to make adjustments and snap the ball, there's no time for motion
  9. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    this is why we the play clock is always run down. People say its so romo can read the coverage, but if you look by the time they break the huddle they have like 10 seconds or less before the playclock hits zero. We need a way to make these plays easier to say, understand, or something. We spend way too much time in the huddle. Either that or we need to just call one play and have audibles. Wonder why we just don't use audibles anyway?
  10. WoodysGirl

65,324 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
    Bucs coach Greg Schiano said T Demar Dotson will stay as the starter. Think we have some depth at tackle. He has some athleticism

Schiano says Dotson gives the Bucs the best chance to win this week.

Schiano says WR Sammie Stroughter has an issue with his foot.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers ‏@TBBuccaneers
    Coach Schiano says new RT starter Demar Dotson has good athleticism to protect in the passing game.

1 of the goals for the Bucs' D this week is keeping QB Tony Romo in the pocket because he's so good at extending plays & throwing on the run

Jordan Shipley's return has something to do with a foot injury to Sammie Stroughter, which may or may not be a longer-term issue.
  11. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

772 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Different players, different WR coaches... this one isn't on Garrett from years ago... Players have to play up to their expectations...
  12. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Snapping the ball at 0.01 on the playclock every time also gives the defensive line an edge because there's no threat of jumping offsides. They just know they can explode off the snap every time
  13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,588 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    No way, waiting until the last second gives you an extra moment to diagnose the defense and get your unit in the best look :rolleyes: Even if you recognize something with :04-:01 left on the clock its very difficult to get all 11 guys on the same page if you see anything, especially receivers with difficulty understanding route adjustments, a new line, and a coordinator that is still struggling to find a feel for his offense after 5+ years on the job.

That gives all 11 guys on their defense an advantage, not just the edge rushers and interior linemen, corners and safeties can blitz or drop, jam, etc backers can explode to their gap or drop into their zone faster - its not worth the risk. Garrett is a smart dude, surprised he hasn't discovered this.
  14. WoodysGirl

65,324 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
    #Buccaneers HC Greg Schiano wouldn't elaborate on conference call with #Cowboys media when asked about the kneel-down play vs. #NYG

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    Tampa Bay's Schiano on if he'd run same def. on a future kneel-down: "Its in our playbook. ... It's my decision if I want to run it or not."

Schiano: Cowboys shot themselves in the foot Sun. Dallas has "some of the finest players in the league sprinkled all over the off. and def."

Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano on working with Butch Davis: "I got to believe that there's a lot of Jimmy Johnson in what we do."
  15. Frozen700

12,017 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    Never noticed it.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.
  16. Frozen700

12,017 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    2 ways to counter the Jam....is Bunch formations, or motions.

We do neither, and it's getting annoying.
  17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

947 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    He can bark at the db all they want, I never saw Talib and Wright as physical corners to begin with.
  18. jblaze2004

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    i hate it. This is part of the reason why teams say we are so predictable. We make the offense have to work so hard to get guys open. This inturn makes it harder on romo and the oline to hold there blocks. Instead of our OC finding ways to get guys open. I loved when we had sean payton as our OC.
  19. jblaze2004

8,461 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    talib is physical.
  20. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

947 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I don't know about that. I been seeing Roddy White eating him up. He probably is physical against non physical wrs.