1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tannehill

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by respectdatstar, Apr 26, 2012.

1. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    How do you think he will be used Year 1? Thrust into starter position, hold the clipboard, or line up at WR while learns the offense? Just starting up conversation. Discuss... :)
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Think he starts on the side line and will be forced into the lineup after the bye when Gerrad is sucking. They are going to focus him on QB only that despite him being a pretty good wr at TA&M his first few years

Looked it UP Miami's Bye week is week 7
  3. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So, you think he is a lock to be a Dolphin?
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes I think he is if they pass on him then i think their will be several teams trying to trade up in fornt of Cleveland or Cleveland would take him at 22.

They have to come up from the 2nd round (pick 42) to in front of 22 at the minimum and I would not rule out a team like San Fran trying to move up if he falls. That is not counting the QB starved Chiefs or Seahawks that may snatch him up if he falls.

I really do not think Sand Fran is sold on Alex Smith despite last year. In fact I think they may not make the playoffs due to QB/WR play
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,401 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    I seriously dont get why everbody has a hard on for this guy, I watched almost all of A&Ms games last year and the guy did not impress all that much.

Noway he can start day 1 as an NFL QB.
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he has the raw talent the has not been tapped and teams are intrigued by that including able to make any of the throws. He is not a headcase, good kid and is know to put in the work to get better. I think that is why a team is going to draft him higher than they should.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,401 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received

I hear what you are saying, but taking a project in the top 10 seems risky to me. If I take a guy in the top 10, I expect him to be starting on openning day.

Now late 1st, I might be willing to take a chance but not in the top 10.

My .02