1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

tapatalk support?

Discussion in 'CZ Support Zone' started by chinch, Nov 22, 2010.

1. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    the forum search seems to be down but site:cowboyszone.com search shows no topic on this.

have you guys considered adding tapatalk support to the forum.
    http://tapatalk.com

http://tapatalk.com/plugin.php
    supports vBulletin 3.7.x/3.8.x/4.0.x and iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7.

Would be a useful addition, especially kicking off a new era without cupcake.
  2. jr3153

jr3153 New Member

29 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I brought this up last week I believe, however no one commented on it. I think it would be great. Anyone with an iPhone really ought to look at the app and see how smooth it is with other sites. I really wish this site was utilizing it. :(
  3. chinch

chinch No Quarter

3,596 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i didn't see your thread & search was down (maybe it's working now?)

Not just iPhone but Android, Windows Phone 7, Blackberry and WebOS. That covers 90% of the smartphone market in the USA going forward alone (i'd wager most traffic at this site is from the USA).

I know the forum owners might be hesitant to pass off content to a 3rd party who charges $ however forum use is dreadful on phones (even with images off the templates are not sufficient) and it encourages participation which is what forums are all about.

Also it frees you from vBulletin updates that might have improved and yet untested templates or addons locked to specific devices.
  4. The Dude

The Dude New Member

7 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes, please enable this. i use tapatalk for several other sports forums and it is great.
  5. EndGame

EndGame Active Member

1,232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Count me in as another user who would love this!
  6. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'd love to see tapatalk enabled for this site as well. :)
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    This would be a pretty nice addition.