1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tavon Austin

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Questfor6, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,294 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I know there was a thread on here about him a couple of weeks ago but after tonight I felt it fitting to make another. This kid is Sproles & Harvin mixed into one, I think he had over 400+ yards all purpose against OU. He could replace Felix & Otree with just one roster spot.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,250 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Think he'd help the O just a little?:laugh1: He could probably be had in round 2 because he is small.
  3. Questfor6

1,294 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I'm with ya we need help on the Dline or Oline round 1 but if he's on the board in round 2 Jerry & Co need to pull the trigger on him. My only fear is after he runs his 40 at the combine his stock will go sky high.
  4. Mountaineerfan

Mountaineerfan Active Member

140 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    572 all-purpose yards and a sick td run from the 5 yard line kid is gonna be a star.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,784 Messages
    4,336 Likes Received
    He is terrific. I don't know how to project him in the draft. He is very small even compared to Sproles and Harvin.

Tavon Austin 5-8, 172

Sproles 5-6, 187

Harvin 5-11, 192
    Desean Jaskson 5-10, 169

Tavon Austin 2012 Stats (10 games):

Receiving 100 for 1050 yards and 11 TDs
    PR 14, 123, 1 TD
    KR 26, 692, 1 TD (long = 100)
    Rushing 35, 447, 2TDs
    15 Total TDs
  6. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,428 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    He's one of the best open field runners I've ever seen at the college level, like watching a Peter Warrick re-incarnate.
  7. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    i have to agree. The only problem is ....would we use him properly?
    IMO we don't throw Murray the ball nearly enough. He destroyed it in college catching passes out of the backfield and in the flat. How many passes have we thrown him in two years....about 40.
    One thing often overlooked was Emmitt's pass catching and the impact he had as a receiver. '92 NFC champ' game is a good example, as was about any other really important game. He never got much credit for that but we broke teams spirits a lot of times with throwing him short passes.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    I like WR S.Bailey and think he could be a guy that goes under the radar and some team is going to get a steal when try draft him.
  9. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Murray

IS MADE OF GLASS IMO - WHAT 5 GAMES THIS YEAR HOW MANY LAST YEAR

WE HAVE TO DRAFT A RB
  10. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Tavon is just soooooo shifty and fast
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,555 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    Ill take him.

The league is transitioning to more of a spread it out style. I'd hate to see a team like Washington or Atlanta get him.
  12. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Absolutely another RB is needed.
  13. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Chip Kelly could make good use of him.
  14. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,295 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    Sean Payton would know how to use him just fine. :D
  15. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,276 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    This draft will have a lot of good WR available. I like Patterson, he can do it all too. I also like Terrence Williams as a all around route running WR.
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,784 Messages
    4,336 Likes Received
    I love Tavon Austin, but I don't know if he would get enough snaps per game to justify a 2nd round pick considering the needs in the trenches.

On the flip-side, if Cordarrelle Patterson were available in the 2nd round, it would be very difficult to pass on him. This is his 1st year at Tennessee and he is therefore raw at route running and knowing the system; however, he is a spectacular athlete and could easily develop into a #1 WR.

The team would need to do a detailed mental analysis of him to verify that he is just young/inexperienced and not resistant to coaching like Dez.

Despite being 6-3, 205, he is also a Kick and Punt returner.
  17. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Would be ideal player for our new Head Coach Chip Kelly. Would be exciting to watch Cowboy football again.
  18. Questfor6

1,294 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    Stedman reminds me Steve Smith (Carolina) with his route running & deceptive deep speed. Plus Stedman probably has the surest hands in this years draft class.
  19. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey boys im telling you right now stay away from TA and SB!! Tavon is going to washington and hopfully Bailey will too :D.So just go ahead and start thinking of another player.
  20. Questfor6

1,294 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    To bad you traded your future away for a gadget QB. They'll both be gone before the Raiders...I mean Redskins get on the clock.