1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

TE Question

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by te0002, Aug 23, 2005.

1. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can anyone tell me what Sean Ryan has done to allow him a free pass through TC? I mean, I like him as a player and think he is a good TE, but I'm not sure he's so special a roster spot should be reserved for him, especially given all the other battles for roster spots going on.

Anyone?
  2. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,892 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    is'nt he injured?
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Parcells likes to use lots of tight end packages. He needs depth at the position. THey have Witten and Campbell and that is it. I don't think Ryan is getting a free pass as much as there just aren't any other TEs that look promising on the team right now. So he has a position as the 3rd TE by default.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,184 Messages
    4,617 Likes Received
    He had the team made before camp is my best guest. Parcells obviously likes the guy. We probably should have 4 TEs to make the team because as someone mentioned he likes 2 TE sets.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,619 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    He was a pretty solid blocker last year. He really came on at the end of the year after stinking it up in camp. He's much better than whoever we'd keep as a second FB.
  6. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Yeah, hes injured and you can't cut an injured player. I also hope Pierce gets playing time, I like the guy, I don't know why. And while we are on the TE subject, where is Robinson the deep snapper, I noticed Parcells had someone else doing that.