1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Tebow released by Jets

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by proline, Apr 29, 2013.

1. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_release_tim_tebow_twHFvSOgnkbGMj45xHPzeK

Tebow Time is up.
    The Jets released popular backup quarterback Tim Tebow on Monday morning, The Post has learned. The move comes three days after they drafted Geno Smith in the second round to compete with Mark Sanchez, David Garrard and Greg McElroy for the starting quarterback spot.
    It ends Tebow’s 13 months as a Jet that were more memorable for all of the headlines than anything that actually happened on the field. The Jets acquired him from the Broncos in March 2012 for a fourth-round draft pick (the two teams also swapped later draft picks).
    [IMG] AP
    Tim Tebow arrives on the first day of off-season workouts at the Jets practice facility on April 15.

The Jets confirmed the news ..........
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,682 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,895 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
  4. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You guys are hilarious! :laugh2:
  5. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    The sad thing is about Tebow is, he is going to learn too late in his football career that he is not a QB. He can play football, he just is not a QB, and people keep telling him, he is a QB. He reminds me of the movie Rudy.

IMO, if he switched to RB or TE, he could have a successful career.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I agree.

If I were an NFL coach, I would love to have him on my team, .. just not at QB.

Maybe some sort of H back, where he could run some, catch some passes, .. maybe throw a pass from certain formations. Special teams, .. where he might be the upback on punt formations, then if I wanted to fake a punt I could.

I would find ways to use him, just not at QB.
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    It's time for him to just focus on making people lives better by spending five minutes with them.
  8. xNitram

xNitram New Member

22 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let him play QB, the guy wins. i don't care about anything else... well i don't want the cowboys signing him!
  9. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Which teams need a TE?

/I shouldn't be giving Jerry ideas.
  10. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Good. His is a tale of an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
  11. Thatkidbob

Thatkidbob Member

343 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Great quote.

On topic: if it wasn't for the Tebow media circus I'd love to have him on the team in a "slash" role a la Kordell Stewart. I think he could add a nice wrinkle to the offense, and at least give defenses something extra to think about.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    OK, so which is he guys, is he David Banner (Not all Hulked out) or is he Sas?

We need consensus here.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    I don't know but I have to admit when I seen the Banner picture...the sad piano tune from the show started playing in my head. :laugh2:
  14. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,188 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received

:laugh2:

Did the voices add any lyrices to it?
  15. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Care to expound on that?
  16. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Sure, Tebow came into the league and remained in the league with exponentially more hype than his play merited.

Even as he was lobbing ducks all day and putting his line in bad spots by holding the ball too long and trying to play like a RB who can (sometimes) throw the talk was still, "Just how good can he be?" or "What will Tebow do next?"

His jersey became the top seller before he did anything and he never did wind up doing anything actually worth talking about, instead he just managed to steal credit from Denver's defense and wear ruts in the bench.

Add onto this the fact that he had ulterior motives, he was never in it for the football, he was there first and foremost to convert people. It's all well and good if you are religious, but he found the need to wedge a discussion of his into every.single.thing. Thus, "A tale told by an idiot (tiresome fundamentalist), full of sound and fury (hype), signifying nothing (worthless career)."
  17. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    WOW, there's none so blind as those who will not see.

Enjoy.
  18. bounce

bounce Active Member

718 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    The vitriol that this guy commands is ridiculous. By all accounts, he's a great person, a good teammate, a hard worker, a selfless guy who does community work, and doesn't get in any trouble. He was one of the best NCAA players ever to suit up, and he was drafted high through no fault of his own.

He's put in as a starter, and wins games (albeit in a very unorthodox way), and then he's put on a HORRIBLE team that loses games -- through no fault of his own, because he doesn't play.

And people hate him because he's an outspoken Christian.

If you want to blame anyone for the hype, blame the media. Tebow isn't out there purposely commanding attention. If you want to blame another person for the hype, blame yourself for paying attention to it.
  19. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    There is no talk of religion on the forum.

This is in the rules and has been stated MANY TIMES!

thread closed