1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Teen steals car and his mom blames the owner and police

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Aug 16, 2012.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,279 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Our society is doomed. Doomed I tells you.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/police-14-year-old-steals-car-leads-officers-chase/nQ9QH/

Police: 14-year-old steals car, crashes on Parkway after leading officers on chase

"My son was wrong for taking that vehicle but someone jumped out of their car and a 14-year-old seen the opportunity to take the car. He didn't break the car to steal it. They left the keys in the car. I think as an adult we have some type of ownership to being responsible for our vehicles," the boy's mother said.

Troopers said the chase was called off before the teen flipped the jeep on the Parkway East. The boy's mother said she doesn't think police should have followed her son.

"He had to no right to chase my son. It could have been a situation where maybe it was just a joyride down the street. Maybe he wanted to go further than he felt like walking," she said.

The teen was taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

What a wonderful mom. He's going to cost her dearly, before it's all through.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    He's his mothers son :cool:
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I wonder if she can be arrested for child endangerment. She's clearly not fit to be a parent.
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,412 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    Penn Hills, PA:lmao: I grew up near there, about 30 minutes away. That place was going downhill 20 years ago.

A mother who can't speak with proper grammar and doesn't even know right from wrong. A father , I'm guessing (didn't watch the clip), nowhere to be found. With that environment, I just don't undrstand how a nice 14 year-old boy steals and wrecks a car.:rolleyes:

But, hey, let's sue the owner of the car for negligence and the police for harassment. Only logical conclusion.:)
  6. joseephuss

20,279 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Obviously, the owner is not to blame for what the kid did, but she was definitely dumb for leaving her keys in an unlocked car. I bet her insurance won't cover her and apparently you can get fined for leaving your keys in the ignition in an unattended vehicle.
  7. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well there is a good reason cops don't just chase every criminal suspect around town like it's a movie. It greatly increases the danger. Not that the kid shouldn't get in trouble.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,114 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    kid got what was coming to him. Sadly the mother will never be smart enough to realize that
  9. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Unfortunately too many parents have this attitude. The car owners fault? Cops should not pursue car thieves? Insanity. Lock both of them up because they are to stupid to be allowed to be on their own. No mention of the father....I wonder why?
  10. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,513 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    LOL!!!!

Thats seriously one of the funniest defenses I've ever seen by someone who doesn't want to blame their child for being a thief.

Hilarious.
  12. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    She better not leave her car or home unlocked and get robbed. But then if that happened, I'm sure she'll change her tune.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,667 Messages
    429 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  14. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Where I live, It is illegal to warm up your car in your own driveway.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,114 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I am guessing you mean you cannot start it up and leave it running unattended?

Not surprised some stupid idiot in government decided that
  16. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  17. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,167 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I read that article twice and I still don't believe it. This has to be a gag, right? Has to be.
  18. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You ever watch bait car they leave the keys in on purpose all the time to see who steals the car.

Love watching that show that stuff is classic to watch. Then the stories they have are just priceless.
  19. joseephuss

20,279 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    Watch the news report video in the link if you want a good laugh.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,205 Messages
    1,303 Likes Received
    Any reputable insurance company should cover it. An owner of a car is under no obligation to secure their keys. If they are left in the car, they are considered private property and as such, covered. I don't know if this varies state to state but it may I suppose. That's how it is in this state.