1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Terry Glenn could see a decrease in production following Terrell Owens' signing

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Terry Glenn could see a decrease in production following Terrell Owens' signing.

Glenn is a good match with T.O. for the Cowboys. He will still be the team's best deep threat, but he'll get even less looks on third-downs and with underneath routes. Glenn has topped 1,000 yards once in the last six seasons - 2005.

Mar. 18 - 4:21 pm et
  2. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,266 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    i think it will greatly help glenn, now he won't have to deal with any double teams
  3. KD

KD Active Member

2,079 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If anything he should have even better numbers with the increase of one on one coverage he will see next year.
  4. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,652 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I disagree, respectfully... and so does Glenn from his interview the other day... he will get single coverage now on third down...
  5. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,625 Messages
    121 Likes Received

I doubt it. Glenn will benefit the most with TO in town. He won't be doubled and teams will no longer focus on him. I look for him to have a HUGE year.. A talent like TO makes everyone better..
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,227 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    And JJ won't be seeing 8 man fronts as often. So will open up the running game just like Mike with Emmitt.

This is all for the better.

DISCLAIMER ~~~~~~ OFFENSIVE LINE HELP NEEDED !!!!!
  7. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

26,799 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    If Owens is on the field, the only way Glenn has a reduction in production is if he either gets the case of the dropsies or is injured.
  8. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

890 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Glenn is one of the best one on one recievers in the league. This signing helps him as much as anyone on the team. I like Keyshawn, but he was never going to draw double coverage away from Glenn, like TO probably will.
  9. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,431 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Glenn may have less catches, but I bet his ypc goes crazy. Into the low 20s.
  10. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glenn is the best WR TO has played with since Jerry Rice. His numbers could explode....
  11. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

793 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    We did sign fabini this morn 2. Dont know how sold i am on it yet tho. still would like a OL in the 2nd tho. Im still hopin 4 chad jackson in the 1st
  12. DizzG

DizzG New Member

551 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His numbers will go up..not down
  13. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I'm thinking more of JJ and how it benefits him.

Also, Glenn should do just fine as he won't see coverage rolling to him as much.
  14. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,051 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    God forbid that Glenn has better numbers in a game or the season. TO will go nuts.............
  15. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,332 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    maybe Crayton and Witten are the big winners in this....?

actually the really big winner is Julius Jones (and MBIII)
  16. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,431 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Scary thought.
    I have to find some solace in this TO signing because I have never liked him. It did appear he was wildly popular with his teammates, at least in Philly. Well, except for one current Philly player and one former one.
    I did read a lot of articles from different sources last year that said most of the team loved him.
    So here's hoping to him truly getting along with all his teammates in Dallas.
  17. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Active Member

898 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I think glenn will greatly benefit from TO because all of the attention will be on Owens....
  18. Cowchips

Cowchips New Member

656 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think TO is gonna a lot happier with Bledsoe throwing him the ball vs. McBaby. That is a huge upgrade for TO.
  19. Zippy Speedster

Zippy Speedster New Member

346 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's what I'm saying!!! Glenn could quickly become the forgotten man here in Dallas. Between the passes TO is pretty much guaranteed (being the freak of nature he is), the passes Witten will have coming his way (TE, a Bledsoe favorite target), and the running game, where exactly does Terry fit into this I wonder?

2-3 rec/game ave
    50-75 yds/game ave
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,640 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    This is football not basketball. The better your teammates are, the better your numbers are going to be.