1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texans used Lovie Smith for Rooney Rule

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cej757, Dec 28, 2013.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,329 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
    He also interviewed Todd Bowles for the head coaching position at that time period.
  2. cej757

cej757 Well-Known Member

389 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Garrett will be on the last year of his deal next season which is scary because he'll try to throw somebody else under the bus to save his job. It also means he's gonna bank on Romo playing at a high level and if Romo gets hurt again or he's not the same Romo he'll have another built in excuse for Jerry to give him three more years to start grooming his next qb.

Two things that won't mix next season is Garrett coaching on the last year of his deal and Dez playing in a contract year. It could get ugly.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    you might as well say i'd rather keep losing. obrien is a fine head coach and exactly what this franchise needs.
  4. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

496 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Garrett stays.

With havng Romo injured..

Everything changed for Garrett.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    There are sham interviews every year because of the Rooney Rule because most GMs already know who they want to hire before the interview process. Interviewing a coach like Smith only gives an air of legitimacy to the process.
    lane likes this.
  6. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

264 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter what happens tomorrow .. Garrett is safe AT LEAST one more year. .. In his last year of his contract will Jerry leave it as such ? Then we will hear how he is a lame duck coach ... Then Jerry's ego will take over and he will extend Garrett before the end of summer or shortly thereafter
  7. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,780 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Lol. This should be your sig.
    Doomsay likes this.
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    On the score last week babe pointed out that the eagles have had 12 games of 450 yards or more.

That is scary stuff. They could get close to 600 if we are not able to control the clock and the game early.
  9. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,725 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    I have a feeling its going to be a Quick game. Dallas have a feeling is going to work Murray. Eagles have a bad defense. Hell everybody in the nfc east has a bad defense this yr. And i will add this offensive line has abused every 3-4 team theyve played this yr.

Only thing that is in question, is will the Dallas coaches give the running game a chance to dictate the game?
    Sarge and Boyzmamacita like this.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    The eagles defense is not bad. if we can block em and orton is not extremely rusty we have mathchups we should win.

I don't think the eagles defense is bad though. Secondary looks poor, but if they time there blitzes right we might be in big trouble.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,725 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    Philly is the 30th ranked defense in the nfl.

I think Mo coming back gives Dallas a big lift. They now have 4 capable CBs. Carr, Scandrick, Mo, Moore.

And i think having Orton QB could be a good thing, because he plays safe. He doesnt have Romos skills so im hoping he just takes what they give him and goes on some seriously long time consuming drives.
  12. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,880 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    That rule has no legs. And of course Jerry is going to circumvent his way around it. They all do right?
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    You understand Philly and everyone else will attack us differently without romo right? I think a lot of people are under the assumption you can just swap out romo and get the same scenarios.

The eagles are going to blitz like crazy and probably take away all the short stuff.

A running game would force them out of hat though.
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,725 Messages
    1,821 Likes Received
    I dont think they have the size to stop the road graders Dallas has in the middle. Leary, Fred, Mack should abuse this small front 7. Exactly what Minnesota did.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I hope so.
  16. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    That's what happens when there is as stupid rule in place.

Don't blame Houston.
    lane likes this.
  17. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,332 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Minnesota didn't have much success on the ground at all. Cassel is who killed them
  18. TruckDriver

TruckDriver Member

65 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yeah it was all Cassell and his throwing - Asiata had 30car for 51yds.

Ced Thornton and Bennie Logan have been playing really well...
  19. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,560 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    According to ESPN reports he is conflicted about leaving Penn St. Also ESPN is reporting that he told a recruit he was staying but who knows what he would do.
  20. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,229 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    He's not leaving. He's returning to Penn State.