1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texas losing big to BYU?

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Chocolate Lab, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,233 Messages
    1,323 Likes Received
    I never said he would leave for the NFL. I said if he left, it would be for the NFL and I do believe that. Texas doesn't need Saban. Texas needs to go out and find a good young coach that they can build with.
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,270 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Wonder if he wants to coach the Cowboys?

j/k
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,960 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Mack didn't burn Swoopes shirt last night, he has no intention of going anywhere. There is no doubt in his mind he could go 3-9 and be back. The big money boosters love this clown. If Dodds is here Mack is here.
  4. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I thought I read that Dodds will retire on New Years Eve. Many sources are saying even though UT is trying to deny it. If this is true, Mack is gone. As is Rick Barnes.
  5. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    i for one hope that report is true, however the school has strongly denied it to be true and i tend to side with the school telling the truth than chip brown knowing what he's talking about.
  6. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,031 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    The only about that is there are many sources close to the situations that have said the same thing. Including insiders. Chip isn't the only saying it. So we will see. If Texas loses this Saturday and in two weeks in Dallas, I can see a press conference happening soon after.
  7. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    i feel kind of dirty doing it, but i kind of hope we lose this next game and get killed by OU if it means mack will be gone before next season
  8. BoysFan4ever

4,270 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    They have no excuses for fielding a losing team.
  9. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Sure they do, they have a moron running the show, and another one as his boss
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,867 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    Chip Brown's source is usually Dodds himself.
    He is very likely correct.
  11. BoysFan4ever

4,270 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    You know what's ironic? Mack has done a ton of winning @ UT. National champs. And now fans will be dancing in the streets when he's gone.

I was talking to my dad about this & he said he's reminded a little of the last Landry year. Iconic coach but fans calling for his head. The game had passed him by & all that. Some similarities.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

34,233 Messages
    1,323 Likes Received
    You realize what you did here? You sold your soul to the Devil for a bag of skittles and an extra serving of Mashed Taters..........
  13. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Ya, I also got a liter of cola, though ;)
  14. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Mack brought top talent to UT, he was an amazing recruiter, never a good coach. But even his recruiting has slipped now, we are starting to lose recruits to A&M and other SEC teams in state! If he was like Chris Petersen and did more, with less that would be one thing, but he isn't so he is becoming useless.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

34,233 Messages
    1,323 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  16. BoysFan4ever

4,270 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    My use of the term "iconic coach" was in reference to Coach Landry. Regarding Mack he has been a winner. For years. I'm definitely on board with them replacing him. They need to move on. Get him to retire with a big buyout. Do something.
  17. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,611 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Nonsense, Mack should stay at UT for life and then beyond as an urn with a headset, he's doing a heckuva job ;)
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  18. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    UT sucks, spurs choked, rangers in the process, cowboys, who knows.....sigh....about the only dominant american team i cheer for is my fantasy football team!
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  19. BoysFan4ever

4,270 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    You are having a bad year sports wise! Rangers definitely choking.
  20. BoysFan4ever

4,270 Messages
    1,150 Likes Received
    Ok you obviously write for Conan with posts like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.