1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texas Rangers 2012 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Sam I Am, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He has 5 HRs in his last 6 at bats. :laugh2:
  2. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Well, that was fun to watch.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,743 Messages
    5,151 Likes Received
    PAY. HIM.

lets get this over with before we have to outbid the yankees or dodgers in the offseason.
  4. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,496 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,906 Messages
    195 Likes Received
  6. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,895 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Seriously... he was 10 feet away from a 5 homerun game.
  7. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,895 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I can't imagine Hamilton in anything other than a Rangers uniform. He is probably going to command something like 5-6 years/$100-120M,
  8. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    You so should have gone.
  9. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can't imagine anyone (and I mean anyone) giving him 6 years at over $20M a year.

I think the Rangers will end up taking care of him. Tops 5 years $105M ($21M a year)
  10. MC KAos

7,496 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    how old is josh? he is awesome! but with his injury and off the field history, i wouldnt feel comfortable signing him past his 36th birthday
  11. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,895 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    He's 30, so a 5 year contract is reasonable for both parties.
  12. MC KAos

7,496 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    ok, then ya im down with 5 years, i just hope some random team wont come and offer him a crazy 10 year, 200 million deal or some crap like that
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,868 Messages
    2,132 Likes Received
    OUCH!!!

But who knew?

Hamilton is amazing!!

The pure definition of an ultimate/elite 5 tool player. Very, VERY rare player.
  14. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Extremely failed position you took. :muttley:
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,743 Messages
    5,151 Likes Received
    I'm willing to do that. Josh needs to understand that him, his wife, and his kids are pretty entrenched in the DFW area. he can't buy the love and support he gets here from the organization and the community. I hope he realizes this and takes a bit of a hometown discount to stay here and live a comfortable life. uprooting your family to live in the Big Apple or L.A. for an extra $10M is not worth it IMO when you consider tax implications and the temptation and distractions that litter those cities.
  16. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Would have taken a little more than 10 feet. With the ball landing at least 10-15 feet from the wall - close to the start of the warning tract - another 10 feet would have only gotten close to the base of the wall. Would have needed to be another 25 feet or so to get over the wall. Still, a hard hit ball and with just a little more elevation it could have carried over. Heck of an offensive show.
  17. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wondered about a trade as well given the former Rangers in Baltimore - thought maybe the Chris Davis deal. But again, the info I found online merely says we purchased his contract from Baltimore.
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It could be argued that Josh Hamilton just had the best offensive night in the history of baseball:

5/5 with 4 homers and 8 RBIs

Record for total bases in a single game (18)

He has more RBIs over his last six at-bats than Pujols has on the entire season. Also, he is currently on pace to break the MLB single season home run and RBI records.
  19. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,831 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I read an article last month where Jim Kaat said Josh reminds him of Mickey Mantle. Now I'm not old enough to have seen Mantle play, what I've read about Mantle makes Kaat's comment ring true to me.
  20. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The general consensus on Josh is that he is one of the 5-10 most talented players in the history of the game from a pure raw skills standpoint. He is a five-tool player who has absolutely no limitations on the baseball field. If he had the work ethic and a better head on his shoulders he could have been the greatest ever.

Josh Hamilton doesn't try half as hard as many guys in this league and is still better than almost everyone. Keep in mind how good he is NOW after squandering almost half his career and spending two years out of the league entirely, and imagine if he had spent all that time working on his game.