1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

texas recruiting thread... again

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by rkell87, Feb 3, 2013.

1. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    why do we only have two pages of thread in this zone?

anyway NSD is wednesday and top recruit in UT's class is going to commit to bama on wednesday but somehow we also got 5* DT commit for LSU to take a visit. Things are gonna start happening fast
  2. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Hopefully swoopes will be a good QB for us, I think there is enough talent to go around in the state to fill the rest of the voids, but our qb play has been sub par at best since colt left
  3. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, I think Swoopes will be one of the biggest college busts :( And it hurst to see we're "betting the farm" on him. I think he'll be one of the reasons Mack gets pushed out.
  4. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,195 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Hope Texas can keep Heard for 2014. He's going to be the real good.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Max Olsen of ESPN is reporting this quote from Robinson:

"I don't know how that story came about," Robinson said. "All I told him was I couldn't come to Texas, that Texas wasn't the best fit for me. I don't know where that story came from."

"The ESPN 150 defensive lineman insisted he is currently uncommitted and won't announce his decision until 2:30 p.m. CT on Wednesday. He's not happy that the news got out Saturday that his decision had already been made."

"Texas leaking that story made me kind of mad," Robinson said. "They kind of tried to ruin the moment for me. Them leaking the story made me mad. I stopped considering them when I told them I was decommitting."

Hard to imagine, I know, but maybe Texas is better of that Robinson decided to go elsewhere.
  6. MC KAos

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Sounds like he is butt hurt that he won't get to satisfy his attention whoreness on signing day, whatever.
  7. MC KAos

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    If you are right about the former, I really hope you are also right about the latter!
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,285 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    Swoopes was terrible in the all-star games.

No idea why UT stuck with him at QB. There are 5 or 6 better QBs in this state this year.

This class has been a disaster for the Horns.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Well, I seriously doubt Frank Herron is coming to Texas. I just don't see that kid leaving LSU for Texas at this point. Could happen but I'm not counting on it by any stretch.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I would not call it a disaster. They got Perkins, Hammad and James on the OL. All three of those players are very good and will help that Texas running game. That's probably the strength of this class.
  11. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I think it is happening otherwise we won't have a DT for this class
  12. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Montrel Meander
    Safety, Wide Receiver
    Amarillo, TX (Palo Duro)
    Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 180
    CLASS OF 2013

has committed to texas, flipped from washington st
  13. ABQCOWBOY

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received

No, Billings is still a possibility but Herron is a DE anyway so regardless, if Billings doesn't sign, we probably don't have a DT in this class.

FYI, Texas just flipped Montrel Meander S/WR. Don't know much about him. He was a verbal to Washington State. He's a 6'3" 180 lbs Safety. 3 Star.
  14. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    billings is going to baylor. Also I guess you were right about herron, seems his parents want him at lsu.

I beat you to meander by a few minutes :D, also 24/7 has him at 4* fwiw
  15. ABQCOWBOY

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received

I have not seen that Billings has committed and I hear that Baylor, TCU and Texas are all still in the running and possibly in that order but that they are all very close. The draw for Texas is that they suddenly might have more playing time available.

I guess we'll see, he's supposed to announce today at 3:00 Central.
  16. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    his parents want baylor and that is where people expect his announcement to be
  17. ABQCOWBOY

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    It's Baylor but your right, you knew it almost had to be when they said they were carrying the announcement on ESPN Central Texas, which is Smokey's show. Smokey would not have done that if it had been another school I don't think.
  18. rkell87

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    UT has 15 commits, ten 4* and five 3* and zero 5* and is ranked 17th.

meanwhile ole miss might be pulling an SMU as somehow they went 7-6 this year and pulled five 5* including the #1 and #3 players overall in the country.

A&M did get halls commitment but prevot went to oregon
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,285 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    Ole Miss offered every junior ranked in like the top 300.
    Crazy stuff I know but they did. And that BS worked which sucks, because more will follow suit now.

UT has to get it's image in order quickly. Mack needs to prove he wants to win or they need to hire a new coach.

I believe Briles will end up at UT by next season.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I heard a report that he had a guy come out in an elephant costume. These kids are crazy.