1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texas vs. Rice

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Banned_n_austin, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Prediction: Spanking by the Longhorns. The Owls won't score more than 14. Cedric Benson runs for 200 yards. Defense shines.

Rice hoo?

;)
  2. DallasCowpoke111

DallasCowpoke111 Benched

2,242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Texas' D is looking much different, and more aggressive from recent years, and the OL seems to be understanding and exacuting that revised scheme much better.

What troubles me is, I'd really wish they had more than just one game (Ark) against an op that challenged them from the get-go.

Other than that 1 game, they get a big 1/2-time lead, and will again Sat against Baylor, and then lose focus.

Also, they need to use this week to get their freshman RB, Ramonce Taylor some work in game action.
  3. lzppjb

lzppjb New Member

343 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In your sig, you need to change Houston to Rice. :D

They'll do much better this year against OU. I mean, how much worse could it get? lol But seriously, our OLine is knocking people around and making big holes for Benson and VY. If we can be solid on the ground against OU and their weakened DLine (missing 3 guys last I heard, 2 for good), we'll be in the game. The last few years, we couldn't run the ball at all. That made us a one dimentional team. OU knew what was coming and forced a ton of turnovers. We gave up something like 31 pts off TOs last year. That's insane. Run the ball, control the clock, and don't give the ball up so much.

I think Texas can stay in it, and possibly pull out the win this year.
  4. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    nice win for the horns!

benson is a stud!

one more hurdle, and then it's OU time!!!!!
  5. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Agreed. The D will be the key if we beat OU.
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,902 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    The Brawlin' Baptist Bears of Baylor will be no match... Rice is better than they are... it will get ugly in a hurry...
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Silly Longhorns, what with their Bevo (dont forget who gave him that name, thats right A&M) :p and their silly Orange colors, its just silly. A&M will beat you trhis year in a major upset. :D

BTW, Im part Aggie, part Sooner, whole hate for Texas.
  8. lzppjb

lzppjb New Member

343 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wrong yet again, 'silly' aggy.

Proof

And aggy will not win in Austin this year. Get back to me when y'all can hang within 30 in your own stadium with us.

[IMG]
  9. Roughneck

Roughneck Active Member

2,682 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have obviously forgotten your place in this world, aggy. Let me give you a quick reminder:

[IMG]
  10. DallasCowpoke111

DallasCowpoke111 Benched

2,242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, what do you expect from a school full of ENGINEERING students, who can’t build a freakin’ teepee made out of logs, that doesn’t fall over!!??
  11. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL thats what they like to teach you down in Austin to avoid the shameful truth.
  12. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow, not only is that a pathetic post, its very low class. May I remind you people died in that? I guess I shouldnt expect any better from a fan base that cant spell Aggie, has no true tradition to speak of, has half their team listed in the Austin legal system, and has a fair weather fan base. Every year, the hype for the OU game comes up, and every year you get punked by OU. Then your fans and writers say that you are a pathetic excuse for a school and a football team (no argument from me) because you cant beat a far superior team. Last year when freakin Arkansas beat you at home, every fan who could speak was trashing you. Define: Fairweather. Good day you silly Longhorns. BTW, heres how the real Texas fight song goes:

"Texas jump,
    Texas jump,
    Texas jump up and bite my a**,
    Texas jump,
    Texas jump,
    Texas jump up and bite my a**,
    Texas jump, Texas jump, Oh Texas jump jump jump,
    Texas jump, Texas jump, Texas jumpo, Texas jump, Texas jump up and bite my a**"

"The eyes of Texas arent upon you,
    All the live long day,
    The eyes of Texas arent upon you,
    Oh they wish youd go away,
    Whether you be good or bad,
    Theyd rather watch the aggs,
    And they really do believe that Texas U are f***"
  13. lzppjb

lzppjb New Member

343 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You just opened yourself up there, aggie. Either you enjoy pain, or you're just dumb. Shall I begin?

Someone must have forgotten that aggies are the ones who constantly call us "t.u." You think it's funny, but you fail to realize it's about as dumb as the average corp turd. The ***** envy does not end there. You have your own hand sign, but what's the one most aggies use? The upside down hook 'em, that's right. Stickers on their cars with horns sawed off...how bout you support your team (other than all of you buying maroon cars and trucks) and put an A&M sticker on there instead of showing off your inferiority complex? Speaking of inferiority complex, whose fight song dedicates 14 of 32 lines to Texas. That's almost half of your song dedicated to the school you wish you could be. Good job.

Wow. Here we go. I hope you're ready for a little education...something I'm sure you never received during your time in College Station.

All-Time Wins
    Texas: 779-309-33 (.709 - 4th all time)
    A&M: 627-404-49 (.580 - 22nd all time)

Head-to-Head Record
    71-34-5 Texas

National Championships
    Texas: 3
    A&M: 1

Conference Championships
    Texas: 24 SWC, 1 Big12
    A&M: 14 SWC, 1 Big12

Bowl Appearances
    Texas: 43 (2nd all time)
    A&M: 27

Heismans
    Texas: 2
    A&M: 1

Lombardis (2-1 Texas), Outlands (3-0 Texas), Doak Walkers (2-0 Texas).

Tradition is based on winning, not on burying your dead dogs outside the stadium in a spot where they can "see" the scoreboard. Tradition is based on championships. Tradition is based on Awards (Texas has 79 All-Americans). Tradition is not based on some new idea that comes about on a whim and is adopted for no other reason than to chalk up another "tradition." Stick to standing all game, at least you won't have to get up to leave the stadium in the 3rd quarter when you're losing by 3 touchdowns.

Someone hasn't paid attention to the news lately. Close to a dozen aggie football players had run-ins with the law within the last year. One of them caught exposing himself and soliciting sexual favors from passing girls - TWICE. Hey, can you help me with this?

Kyle Field Official Capacity: 82,600
    2003 A&M average home attendance: 76,243 (thanks to the 84,000 that showed up the day after Thanksgiving) That's 92% capacity.
    2004 A&M average home attendance: 68,582 That's 83% capacity.

You'd think the "best fans in the world" could fill their own stadium.

DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium Official Capacity: 80,082
    2003 Texas average home attendance: 83,339 That's a tidy 104% capacity.
    2004 Texas average home attendance: 82,943 That's 103% capacity.

Not only do our "fairweather" fans show up, they are spilling over our walls. Get back to me when y'all can show up for any game other than the maulings my Horns put on your beloved aggies.

Define: Clueless
  14. Roughneck

Roughneck Active Member

2,682 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jesus Christ, lzppjb! That was just plain filthy!

:eek:

Pooooooooooooor Aggy!
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im sorry, I was to busy listening to a Longhorn fan b****** on the radio about how he will no longer be a Longhorn fan if you lose again to OU.

Define: Fair Weather

Two can play this game you silly little boy. Just because your daddy likes UT doesnt mean you have to, form your own opinions.
  16. lzppjb

lzppjb New Member

343 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My dad didn't go to a university. He joined the Army at 17. I chose Texas on my own. Instead of deflecting, why don't you ATTEMPT to refute my statements? You can't? Oh that's too bad. I guess you'll just have to settle for looking like a bitter, defeated little man in front of all your online freinds. :(
  17. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And BTW, 21 UT players or former players(players at the time of incident) have had run ins with the law in the last 4 years. The Texas legal system loves when UT comes to town.
  18. lzppjb

lzppjb New Member

343 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tell that to your racist offensive linemen and your masturbating freshman.
  19. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every team has their bad players, Texas just has a much higher number than most schools. Its because your coach is a joke. He dosnt create discipline within the team, even some of his own former players admit this. Chris Simms said last year that Brown didnt focus on discipline at all really, as long as you won the game. But then again thats why UT usually has a better record than A&M: When no one cares about discipline and order, its easy to win games. Id rather have a classy organization that wins normal amounts of games than a smutty, corupted team and win alot like UT.