1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Texting While Walking

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by dez_for_prez, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Apparently people have been talking about setting legislation that you can't walk and play on your phone. I'm sick and tired of laws being made because of the lowest common denominator. If your stupid enough to walk into a car or pole, (in England that have started padding telephone poles) I hope they walk hard enough that it kills them.
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,849 Messages
    1,221 Likes Received
    More like texting while stupid.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Be truthful. Were you walking while you typed this post? :laugh2:
  4. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Actually yes. The iPhone is great for me to get my CZ fix. The difference is not everyone is a moron.
  5. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Most of my texts and posting in mb are voice generated.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,186 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Too late to get upset about it now. You needed to get upset when they started taking rights away from parents on the upbringing of their children. The ban on smoking in bars etc. The list is long and tedious but it's too late now. Gonna have to get used to it I guess.

:)
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,130 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    Be sure to come back and tell us when you have an accident while texting, .. because it will happen.

You are going to walk into something, trip over something, or bump into somebody or something, .. it will happen.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I have literally had to stop in a hallway because someone was walking and texting/reading email. Sometimes I just want to bump in to them so they will pay attention.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Nah, I walk and text, tweet etc, never happened
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    That is true.

Up here there is a new thing the fuzz has, they can take a snapshot of your licence plate and get profile of it etc, all from their in car computer.

Some privacy experts are upset but some on the street say "if you have nothing to hide, why worry".

People like that should lose all rights. Nothing annoys me more than people who say, if you have nothing to hide,,,
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I have no problem with laws against smoking in bars, etcs... I don't want to smell/breath your ****** smoke when I go out.
  12. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    what if you're gifted at texting while walking? i can walk and text all while having a conversation with the person walking next to me.
  13. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The smoking ban is a great ban
  14. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Actually, we bring stupid things like this on ourself by not having the discipline and common sense that something as simple as texting while driving (or walking) and not paying attention is a danger to themselves and others, so "big brother" has to step in and regulate us like we were in a halfway house.
  15. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    :hammer:

I dont smoke at all and that ban was just stupid. If you don't want to smell smoke in a certain bar, there are definitely other bars around to go to. It should be up to the business if they want to ban it or not.
  16. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,701 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    I would agree with this but you're wrong. It was nearly impossible to find a decent bar/restaurant that did not allow smoking.

Business is all about getting money, making your place of business non smoking is cutting out a HUGE part of the market. You would lose far more money that way than the money you'd lose from people who don't want to smell smoke, especially when 90% of the competition allows smoking as well. It would have just been horrible practice for the places that opted to do it, which is why almost no place did.

If it was just about the "smell" I would almost agree with you, but there are health concerns regarding second hand smoke, so It's a ban I agree with, and I don't see why it's taking away a "personal freedom". There are several other smoking bans that I disagree with however, and I think the "oh my GOSH SECOND HAND SMOKE" crowd is pretty much awful and need to get over themselves.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    And I think the "Oh my GOSH I MUST SMOKE INSIDE THE BAR" crowd is pretty much awful and need to get over the fact that they have to - OMG - go outside to smoke.
  18. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you REALLY getting pissed because they're talking about making it illegal for you to text while you're walking??

What, are your texts so earth-shattering important that you can't wait until you sit down somewhere??

Lemme guess, you also text while you're driving...

Of all the piddling crap to get pissed off about... amazing...
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Texting while walking?

I swear, the only thing that disgusts me about the "social media era" or whatever you want to call it is that people are so caught up with being "connected" at all times.

I almost wish I could live in a time period where the person at the other end of conversation isn't more attentive to their texting conversations and status updates than they are talking to someone right in front of them.

I think it's absolutely stupid.

I literally cannot stand people, some of whom I know and have known very well for years, who take pictures of nearly everything they do so they can post it on Facebook. I don't even use Facebook all that much (maybe once a quarter) but going somewhere with someone who's main goal is to update their location every 15 seconds is literally infuriating.
  20. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    The problem is, the business doesn't give a **** about your health or anyone else's.

The don't. They aren't so customer driven that they would alienate such a large population so they could advertise "smoke free".

"Smoke free" might be a good thing a couple nights out of the week. "Smoker Friendly" is good every night of the week.