1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thanks alot Jerry Jones for axing Norv Turner coming to Dallas, while Jason Garrett wanted him

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    I won't argue- perception is reality in our own private little universes.
    That is your perception of the situation- so be it.
  2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,130 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    I believe Jerry Jones is an awful general manager, but I don't fault him for chasing Jimmy Johnson away. Jimmy Johnson was going to leave the Cowboys one way or another. He was dropping hints and bombs along the way, making it all but impossible for Jerry NOT to fire him.
  3. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,258 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    I wasn't thinking of Jimmy, Parcells is the one coach with clout we've had until he had enough of Jerry (and T.O.).
  4. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,945 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    this shows that Garrett has no spine.

Garrett could earn SO MUCH respect if he quit and cited this as a reason. He could say that as HC, he wants to be able to bring in who HE feels he can work with best and is best for the team. He could really stick it to Jerry.

But he won't. He'll settle for whatever scraps Jerry pushes off the dinner table like the good lapdog he is.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,005 Messages
    3,713 Likes Received
    Don't let Floaty suck you into his world. You're a rational poster and he is Floaty.

He was banned from another Cowboys message board where he was considered a professional troll. He was known for creating alternate user names to make it appear that other posters agreed with him.
    JPM and Corso like this.
  6. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,179 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    The Holmgren train has long past. It should have happened in 2007 when Parcells left, and Holmgren should have brought Garrett on his staff. By now, Holmgren would have probably wanted to retire, and Garrett would have had 7 years of learning with a top flight coach and under a top flight staff and he would more than likely be ready to be a HC. And I think Romo would have benefited too. I always thorught Romo would have performed better under a WCO.

But this is all would've, should've, could.ve. I think you are right. I think you are right. The staff will stay as is, and it's up to them to ride it out this year. And with our cap issues, the team will probably stay as is as well (with the exception of rookies). It does not give you a warm feeling going into 2014.
  7. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    Good to know.
    I said I wasn't going to argue with him since it immediately seemed like he was not a person who would make even a decent debate.

I guess I saw what you're telling me, in a way.
    Even if he wasn't- perception is reality in our own private little universes and he is in mine.

Thankfully I just got a copy of that Star Wars Holiday Special all those years ago and I've been laughing ever since.
    That George Lucas is a twisted, savage individual- not to be trusted with small children and certain dogs.
  8. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,106 Messages
    187 Likes Received
  9. car351

car351 Member

88 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, I too see things exactly as you have described here. Nice post.
  10. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,620 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    Mike Munchak quit in TN rather than let the GM change his staff. Good for him. Jason is not of the same mindset.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,296 Messages
    2,030 Likes Received
    Dude, you must live in Colorado because you had to be stoned out of your mind to put in your sig that Garrett would have this team in the NFC Title Game in 3 years.............LOL
  12. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,357 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Haven't we learned that this is apples and oranges? Dead money has already been paid to the player.
  13. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,357 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    Lame duck= fired no matter what the results of the season are.

This is not the position Garrett is in.
    pancakeman likes this.
  14. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    past 17 years? Cowboys were a top 5 team in the league in 2007, they were the second best team in the league in 2009.

The Cowboys were a top 10 team in 2006. The Cowboys should've won 11 games in 2011. The Cowboys should've won 11 games this season.

Ultimately, the players that you guys worship have let us all down at every turn(ware witten romo , garrett coaching). I feel bad for Jerry.

The Cowboys are 89-71 since 2005. You want see that on ESPN! That's damn near Troy Aikman's career record.

Things in Cowboy land aren't as bleak as the media and whiny Cowboys fans potray it to be.
  15. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,640 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Cliché

Parcells was in on bringing T.O. to Dallas. Don't ever think otherwise. #trustme

That's the reason Jerry was caught drunk bad mouthing big Bill on that video.

Parcells and Ed Werder gave Jerry the okie doke, gullible Jerry hatin' fans and media fell for it.

That's what Jerry was pissed off about on that video. Parcells walked away scott free on the Terrell Owens signing, when Jerry know full well that Parcells was 100% in favor of the move.
  16. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,258 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    #trustyou ?? wha??

that's some juicy stuff there, some corroborating evidence would be appropriate,,,,
  17. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    It became wasted year the second Jerry decided to retain trainee Garrett.
  18. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Jerry proved he could care less about winning when he admitted he was "training" Garrett.
  19. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,132 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    The biggest problem is he didn't fire Garrett THIS YEAR. I honestly can't think of any reason why Jerry would keep him around another year. Jerry must like losing.
  20. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,130 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Call me an optimist. :oops: