1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Thanksgiving Day memories

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by WilmingtonHeel, Nov 23, 2005.

1. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,798 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    :clap2: Good post.
  2. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received

:lmao2:

Morning Yeag........Happy Thanksgiving
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,617 Messages
    1,428 Likes Received
    Good list here.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Morning Pops and same to you.....take it easy on the pea salad ;)
  5. HardHittin'Witten

HardHittin'Witten This ain't Madden

2,549 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    93 against the Dolphins.
    94 when Garrett tore it up against the Packers.
  6. Richmond Cowboy

Richmond Cowboy Well-Known Member

1,154 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Aaaaah memories. It's amazing how a sport can evoke so many memories and emotions that really become a part of one's life. Here's to creating new ones today... Happy Thanksgiving to all.
  7. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned the 1990 win over Washington...I really thought that was a turning point kind of game for the franchise, and had Aikman not been injured early in the 15th game of the season at Philly I am convinced we'd have made the playoffs that yr

Aikman had a solid day and Jay Novacek kinda let everyone know that day that he was going to be a very good TE for us...Michael Irvin caught a TD and Emmitt ran wild, including a classic 48 yd or so TD to ice the win 27-17

the 94 win over GB was amazing because we had 3rd string nobody Jason Garrett going at QB against a hot GB team, and virtualy everyone said we had no chance to win...Michael Irvin was playing on the torn quad and had a big day, as did Alvin Harper...

David
  8. lcharles

lcharles Negativity King

1,799 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The Mad Bombers defeat of the redskins is the best ever.

Worst? Leon Lett and ice game.

The last few years have been depressing, most noteably, the Dolphins game wher our secondary made Jay Fiedler look like Joe Montano. Any game where Randy moss was on the field.

Hopefully last years game with Juluis breakout game is a sign of better memories to come!
  9. BlueStar II

BlueStar II New Member

1,813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1974 beating Washington on the come from behind victory!
  10. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The 87 OT loss to the Vikings was a very good game. Dallas twice came back from 14 point deficits to tie.

2002 against the Redskins was memorable for Emmitt's last big game as a Cowboy.

1979 was a devastating loss, and having my Redskin fan cousins cheering on the Oilers did not help. I got them back in 1990 however.
  11. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That has to be numero uno. I still remember it like it was yesterday. And a friend of mine who is a Skins fan, (I know, I need to pick better friends) said he feels the same way about it but for obviously different reasons. LOL! I hate the Skins.
  12. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah that Redskins game (90) was a good one. Emmitt had that mad spin and outraced every skin to the endzone. My pops was a skins fan at the time I rubbed it in very good that day.
  13. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,623 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    One of my favorite T-Day memories was when both teams were pretty bad. The '02 Cowboys vs. the '02 Skins. Great to see a rejuvenated Emmitt for the last time, thrashing the Skins defense. La'Roi Glover dominated the game. Roy Williams breaks the kickers nose and scores a TD.

My favorite part of the game was watching it with my old man who only follows Syracuse sports (we're from Syracuse). He hardly knows anything outside of the Big East, and knows very little about the NFL.

Anyway, he asks me "Didn't that Spurrier coach at Florida?"

"Yes" I replied.

And you could see the wheels turning in my old man's head.

"Isn't he supposed to be some offensive genius?" he asked

"Well, that's what say." I replied again.

Then Spurrier calls a reverse on 3rd and 1 in Dallas territory. Glover kills the reverse and it takes the Skins out of field goal position.

"Well, I think he's a jackass" said my dad.

Good times....good times.

Rich..............
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I cited it on my list.
  15. Alweezy

Alweezy Member

564 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Bears vs. Lions I can't really remember the year but Barry Sanders played like a god that day...

The rest were Cowboy memories...

93' The Leon Lett Debacle was a memory that continues to stand out in my head very well... probably one of my first really true TG memories..

94' Jason Garrett leading the Cowboys back from a deficit to beat the Packers.. great storyline and overall good game.. sorry to see him suck it up afterward though.

97' vs. The Then Tennessee Oilers... that was a big game within my family as I can remember all the hatred towards the Oilers from my Houston family members.

98' Randy Moss..

2004 - was a big game for JJ and I watched it with my family after having not seen them for many months.
  16. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Honestly, the '84 to '88 games are a blur.