1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

That's my boy ;-)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Reef Engineer, May 15, 2004.

1. Reef Engineer

Reef Engineer New Member

810 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, it's that time of year again when tournaments are held where we get to compete in martial arts and this year was a pretty good one! Due to a conflict of schedule whereby my daughter was getting her first communion, only my son got to compete this year as far as the family is concerned.

End result - 4 events, 4 medals! Woo hoo! He took second place (silver) in every event he entered and helped the over school standings where we came in third out of 9 schools - over 850 competitors this year! The one we like the most is the full-contact sparring ... he had the "misfortune" of weighing 88# in a weight class that went 88-105 ... and none of the others were under 97# - a lot of weight to give up when you're nine years old! Ha ha.

To make it even more exciting (for us!), the junior grandchampion and runner-up grandchampion both came from our school! They competed in seven events each and medaled (most gold, obviously) in all of them as well ... not too shabby!

Anyway, just being the proud papa here - nothing to see - move along. :D
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,789 Messages
    2,525 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with being a proud papa. Congrats.
  3. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,568 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    That's awesome Reef... please pass on my congratulations to the young 'un... actually, both of them. I remember what a big event my first communion was.
  4. heavyg

heavyg Active Member

1,796 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Absolutley nothing wrong with bragging about your kids. Awesome, high five to the little one
  5. Reef Engineer

Reef Engineer New Member

810 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes! [IMG]
  6. David

David New Member

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ;) My Dad can beat up your Dad! ;)
  7. Reef Engineer

Reef Engineer New Member

810 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  8. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,650 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    Tell him Congratulations! Now could you do us all a favor and make sure he is registered at the police department. You know we can't have a 88 pound youngster running a muck and terrorizing the town. :D