1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The 2012-2013 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Figured instead of having three different threads for our NBA teams we should just have one big thread. Pre-season is only a few weeks way. ESPN just came out with their player rankings and my goodness they are an absolute joke. No Kobe Bryant or Dwayne Wade in the top 5 and guess who is in their place? Derrick Rose who barely even played this year!!! :laugh1:

I also think Dwight Howard is too high at #3. He just came off a major back injury and as we all know you never know how you're gonna return from something like that. They have LeBron at #1 and KD at #2 which I agree with, but the rest is absolutely ridiculous. Also I'm sure all you Mavs fans will be pissed off they have Melo over Dirk.

Source: ESPN

Also you can post your predictions for the season. I have Durant winning MVP. I'm not gonna make a championship prediction yet because I have no idea how this new Lakers team is gonna mesh. I'm not very happy with World Peace saying they're gonna win 70 games. We already have enough pressure from everyone in the media and he just added more. Miami got better by adding Ray Allen and OKC will simply get better withe experience. Boston also got better by adding Courtney Lee and Terry. I will also mention the Spurs. They had a great season last year surprising everyone by having the best record in the league. They looked poised for a championship run, but they peaked too early and lost to OKC. I won't write them off because every time I do that they prove me wrong. I think any one of those teams can win it all and I have a team like the Clippers and Mavs a chance to be that surprise team.
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope Jordan didn't do it. I have no respect for guys who beat their wives and/or girlfriends. I would never lay a hand to a girl. I'm not exactly thrilled with the team right now or the way they're being hyped up. We haven't proven squat yet.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,231 Messages
    430 Likes Received
    Sixers fan. Hopefully Bynum pays off and Turner/Jrue fulfill their potential.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a big Drew fan for obvious reason and trust me when I say you guys are getting a phenomenal talent. Bynum has the potential to be even better than Howard. Philly has great potential. I don't think they can beat Miami just yet, but they sure as hell can challenge them. It really hurt seeing him getting traded, but I'll definitely be rooting for him. Might even get me a Bynum Sixers jersey. ;) :D
  6. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Bynum is better offensively but defensively Howard is the best in the league center wise.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So they're gonna start fining players for flops? About time!
  8. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

565 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    My Bobcats are getting better here's a look at my team

Sessions********** Kemba
    Gordon************* Hendo
    MKG**************** Taylor
    Bizmack*********** Thomas
    Haywood********** Mullins

Team has improved. We should win about 30 games
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,171 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,417 Messages
    1,752 Likes Received
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,417 Messages
    1,752 Likes Received
    Furthermore, look for the Lakers to be extremely hard to beat this year. The addition of Steve Nash alone will pay huge dividends for the Lakers, but plus Dwight Howard will make this team very hard to beat.

They have the Holy Trinity: distributing point guard, elite swingman, and elite big(s). Gasol should put up big numbers this year, getting the ball where he likes it as opposed to having to play with his back to the basket like a traditional American Center.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah the Lakers will be a very good basketball team and very tough to beat, but I think it's extremely important that they stay humble and realize just because you have a great team on paper doesn't automatically mean you're gonna win a championship. You still have to put that work in and get the job done.

I'm very excited for the upcoming season. Go Lakers! :)
  13. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Member

920 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Bynum is better offensively but Howard still gets more double teams. Sixers will be a good team even tho they lost iggy.
  14. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Member

920 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    The weaknesses with the Lakers I think people can say is perimeter defense because I don't think they are that athletic and Nash would get killed against scoring pgs.

Another problem which I think been their issues for many years are that the Lakers struggle against tall outside scorers (ie Durant, Dirk, Love) etc because both Gasol and Dwight like to stay closer to the rim.

We shall see.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well that's why adding Howard is so big for L.A. He's the best defensive anchor in basketball by far. If/when Nash's man blows by him they'll have to meet Dwight at the rim.

World Peace looks to be in good shape judging by his training camp videos and when he is he's a terrific perimeter defender. As we saw in the Olympics, Kobe can also still be a very good defender.

Nothing is guaranteed at all, but if the Lakers stay healthy they have a very good shot at winning it all.
  16. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Heat will be a force again and wouldn't be surprised to see them repeat.
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Source: ESPN

[IMG]
  18. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Celtics fan. Not really looking forward to the season tbh.. The core is still too old and we don't have a young star player that can carry the team, only one that can find the open man better then anyone in the league.
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You should be optimistic. You guys were one game away from making the Finals last year and y'all heavily upgraded the roster. Boston will very good this season.
  20. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    i usually start paying attention to basketball after the cowboys are done, so i might be here earlier than normal!