1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Bengals Better Draft a QB

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    This helps us.

Carson Palmer's house going up for sale

2/9/2011 1:07:54 PM

Dennis Janson of WCPO.com reports Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is about to list his Indian Hill home for sale. A local Comey-Shepherd representative confirmed that preparations are being made to put Palmer's residence on the market, hopefully by March.

"He's not coming back", according to a real estate agent who talked Wednesday morning with the disenchanted Bengals quarterback.

That is the same theme echoed by another associate of Palmer, who says that unless he is released by the Bengals so as to play somewhere else, he is prepared to retire.

Bengals owner Mike Brown has gone on record that he will not trade the former Heisman Trophy winner whose yard was littered with garbage at one point during the 2010 season.
  2. egn22

egn22 Active Member

817 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    I think they should trade him and see what kind of value you can get before the draft. Obviously you can't make moves until the CBA drama is taken care of, but I would definitely shop him and try to get a 1st or 2nd. Someone like AZ could really use him. I don't understand the logic behind forcing him to stay in Cincy if he doesn't want to be there.
  3. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,817 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Ridiculous that a qb would do this
  4. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not exactly the same but Elway and Eli threw temper tantrums.
  5. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,507 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    As did Jay Cutler IIRC.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    As long as he doesn't end up on a team drafting in the top 8, then yes, this may help us.
  7. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Cardinals would be after him in a second..
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    That what I was thinking
  9. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,366 Messages
    377 Likes Received

unless he had word that the Bengals were taking a QB.

Which would be the right move for Cinnci, whether Palmer is still a Bengal or not.
  10. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

815 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    I'm thinking Seattle would be throwing their hat in the ring as well.
  11. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Danny Snyder already has him on speed dial, and Carolina is sending him MLS reports printed out in full color.
  12. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Add SF to the mix.

They are looking at every QB available in draft, via FA and trades.
  13. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    People that know Palmer said if the Benglas do not trade him he will gladly submit his retirement paperwork. Matter of fact he already has begun making plans for a post playing career........career (if you will) and is ready to jump head first into that if need be.

He feels has a few seasons left and wants to win before riding off into the sunset. The game has taken it's toll on his body and he is not going to do more damage for the sake of losing.
  14. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,876 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Smart man.
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,722 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    It's not like he tried to manipulate the draft like the two E's did...

Palmer kept his mouth shut there many years, but that Cincy franchise is a circus. How on EARTH could they retain Marvin Lewis as HC as he is 60-69-1. They wear stripes all over their uni's for a reason...
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,132 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    I apologize for being a bit slow, but do you mind explaining?

As for the topic, why would the Bengals NOT trade him?
    Palmer has been loyal to this franchise. Clearly, they're not going to do that much with him because they're in a rebuilding phase. And if he makes good and retires, you get nothing for him and find yourself drafting a QB anyway.

Might as well thank him for his service and trade him. Palmer just hasn't been the same after his knee injury anyway.
  17. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tell them to draft Cam Newton.
  18. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,722 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I was just making the case that he shouldn't be lumped in with Elway and Eli as it is a completely different situation. He's certainly put in a good bit of time there already...

I think they will trade him if he files retirement papers. They would be stupid not to. The key here is to trade him as soon as they can because the longer this thing festers, the less they will get for him...

I'm sure Paul Brown would roll over in his grave if he saw how this franchise was being run these days. He would have never let a roster of malcontents and bad character guys play for this team.
  19. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,688 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    The guy has been loyal and they are clearly not interested in changing the losing standard there.