1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Biggest, Scariest thing about yesterday's Game...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,567 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Was that RG3 looks to be the real deal, while our QB is 32 and how long
    is he gonna last with the pounding he's taking ?

We could be looking up at the Redskins in the standings for the next 10 years !

When you live in Deadskins country like me, thats a bitter pill to swallow !
  2. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Yeah, so be it... If the Cowboys organization wants to be run right, put the right coaches & players in place, etc, they shouldn't have to worry about what is going on in Redskins land
  3. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    redskins defense sucks

they will be average

RG3 is the real deal but the skins are 5-6 too
  4. CowboysFaninBaltimore

CowboysFaninBaltimore New Member

860 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo ANNIHILATED their defense, and THREW for 441 + yards against them. Real deal? Yeah okay we will see if they actually give that kid some good pieces to build around with.
  5. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Orakpo and Kerrigan are serious. They get some DB help they'll be legit. Couldn't help but laugh at seeing they made Bowen captain though
  6. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Remember when Vick came into the league....it was being said of the same way.

One of two things can happen with this....either he changes the way that the league is looking at the QB position if he continues to do well for years to come, or he will go the way of Vick.

If I remember correctly, Vick had way more running yards than RGIII has.

I agree that RGIII is a super talent...and do think that the teams NEED to get more mobile at the QB position since the DL is becoming faster.....I think you are slowly seeing that with the emergence of RGIII and Luck.
  7. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,688 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Jones isn't going to change his management style or philosophy. The Cowboys are what they are. Whether his son is any different remains to be seen. AND, the older he gets, the worse he's going to be.
  8. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,498 Messages
    1,641 Likes Received
    People said the same thing about Cam Newton and he ended up being terrible.
  9. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,903 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    lets not forget the skins run and gimmick offense. When the nfl catches up to this probably next season that is when we will see if rg3 is the man. Lets see if rg3 can should a team when there run game isn't working. That the thing you stop the run game and you can beat the skins. Our problem was we couldn't stop the skins from running. Brent got abused inside. We really missed rat.
  10. jblaze2004

8,903 Messages
    480 Likes Received

exactly. People act like they haven't seen this act before the skins are running a college offense that the nfl isn't use to seeing so they don't have much time to figure out how to defend it. But best believe atleast everybody in the nfc east is going to spend alot of time going over this in the offseason. Then we will really see how good the rg3 guy is going to be. Cam had a great rookie season also only to look bad this year. The skins run alot of screen and options. Plus one good hit to rg3 could change the game. He might not last a whole season running the ball. We had some good shots on him last game. Especially ware.

And people can say what they want but rg3 is not the runner vick was. Vick was crazy elusive with the ball in his hands. Rg3 is more straight line speed. I doubt vick would of got sucked up by hatcher like rg3 did on the int. grounding play.
  11. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The Panthers suck. They sucked last year too.

I don't think RG3 will be able to run that kind of offense next season, but the kid can be a traditional dropback quarterback if they allow it.
  12. jblaze2004

8,903 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    lol rg3 has happy feet in the pocket. There is a reason they don't run it. They tried in preseason and boy did he look bad.
  13. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,449 Messages
    185 Likes Received

I believe the skins are a strong 5-6 while we are a sinking 5-6
  14. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,243 Messages
    879 Likes Received
    Hard to judge. Have been a ton of Rookie QBs have a strong season only to fade. He looks good so far.
  15. physeter

physeter Active Member

263 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Exactly. They will have to adjust their offence. We will see if he succeeds in a more "pro style" attack. He is good disguising the play though.
  16. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,986 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    RG3 looked to be the real deal before yesterdays game. What's scary is when he's reaching his prime Romo will be past his and the Cowboys will be looking for another QB.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,507 Messages
    2,387 Likes Received
    The Redskins sold the farm to get him and he's worth it. Not only that, but the found a real running back in the 6th round of the same draft to already negate some of the extra picks spent on RG3
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,659 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    Big difference. Vick was never anything but average when you contained him and kept him in the pocket, now he cant even beat you with his legs any more. RG3 on the other can beat from the pocket and when he gets out of the pocket he is even more dangerous. That is what seperates him from your average superior athlete at QB.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,649 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    I also said Romo would not take us to a Super Bowl, I said this 6 years ago. Result is? And this is Cam Newton's second year BTW. What year is Romo in?
  20. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,025 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    I think you missed his point, but take the shot at Romo.