1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys mediocracy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmberBeer, Dec 31, 2013.

1. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,720 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    It has less to do with the coaching staff and much more to do with the ownership. The entire NFL knows this. Why don't you guys? Instead of bashing the coaching staff, you should be bashing the ownership and demanding changes on how they run the organization. If you don't think you can make a difference, then crawl in a hole a be comatose. It's a loser mentality.
    Bigdog24 and CowboyFan4Eva like this.
  2. HankC

HankC New Member

25 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If the owner would just fire the general manager, the Cowboys might have a better chance to succeed.
    cml750 and AmberBeer like this.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,647 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    The fact that Jerruh sucks doesn't mean we can't talk about the fact that JG sucks too.

As far as I know, he isn't the one who abandoned the run game against GB. More often than not this year, the team was in position to win, despite all the injuries. Coaching misques and a constant lack of execution in big moments doomed this team. I dont know what Jerry is supposed to do about that.
    khiladi, TonyS, tecolote and 2 others like this.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Bingo. Well said.
    cml750 likes this.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    This is funny.
  6. AmberBeer

2,720 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    Go ahead. I just feel it's an effort in futility.
  7. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

894 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Do you think you can make a difference? If so, what's taking you so long?? Do you know how long it's been since we last made a run deep into the playoffs??

Why haven't you complained us back into title contention yet!? C'mon man step it up for us, please.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  8. AmberBeer

2,720 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    I'm working on it. What can you say?
  9. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

894 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Good luck.
  10. AmberBeer

2,720 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    Thank you. I need it.
  11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,696 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Going to be a long off season with 25 threads like this popping up everyday.
    People have a right to complain, vent, whatever. Can be good entertainment at times I guess.
    Nothing is going to change from that aspect, and if it did, I'm sure others and / or the same people will still find fault with it.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,726 Messages
    5,258 Likes Received
    You complain about the coaches because they can actually be replaced. To admit it's Jerry is to acknowledge it's not a problem that can be fixed for the foreseeable future. A lot of fans can't deal with that.

It's the same reason why few will admit the talent isn't good enough. That takes longer to fix. Blame a coach. That's quick and easy.
    Ratmatt likes this.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    lol

No, i'm pretty sure everyone here realizes that you're dead serious about it. That's what makes it funny..
  14. Tawney88

Tawney88 Active Member

533 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    He hired the coach. He is retaining the coaching staff. He failed to address the Dline in the off season. He failed to get adequate depth at Dline and lb. He does not have a plan, an idea or clue how to build a successful team. It starts and ends with him.

Fire Garrett and his staff so what Jerry is still in charge.

The same guy who saddles his new coaches with the last coaches staff. The same guy who picks an offensive coordinator before he picks a head coach. The same guy who has failed this team for almost two decades. The same guy who wouldn't be hired as a GM anywhere else in the NFL.

You want change in Dallas? You want Jerry gone or you want the wrong thing.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,173 Messages
    2,759 Likes Received
    Good news - I don't believe the staff will tolerate that.
    Chappy likes this.
  16. jazzcat22

7,696 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    The DL didn't need to be addressed in the off season. Sure could have drafted a DT, but wasn't as high of a priority as the OL. In which everyone complained about the past year [and rightfully so].
    So they went with an OL, and picked up a WR in the "process".
    But Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, Spencer, and Crawford and Bass as depth. But how was he to know about all the injuries and crap.
    Now many will say that's why they needed a DL [hindsight]. You can't have a superstar at every position.
  17. Tawney88

Tawney88 Active Member

533 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    It most certainly did need addressed in the off season. Most people knew that. That's why people had us taking ol and Dline in the draft. Jerry is reactionary and often times years late in addressing needs. Who is even talking superstars an adequate GM at least affords you adequate depth without searching for players who are and have been on the streets for more than a year. This team isn't run properly and Jerry is the main issue.

If you don't see it I can't help you.
  18. jazzcat22

7,696 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Yes, and it won't change, or don't seem it will.
  19. Tawney88

Tawney88 Active Member

533 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I wish every fan got it. It could make a difference
  20. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,416 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    It would be pretty awesome to poll the 31 other owners in the NFL and ask them if they would hire Jerruh as their GM. I bet everyone would say no except dumpster fires like Oakland and Cleveland. Washington might just so Danny Boy could get a chance to meddle the meddler.