1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys Next QB Will Be...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by IAmLegend, Nov 25, 2012.

1. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

659 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    My guess is that we don't draft for a franchise QB but end up with one through injuries. I'm very happy that Romo fell into our lap but to expect that to happen again isn't realistic. My guess is that Romo eventually goes down sometime in the future and doesn't come back and we end up with a guy off of the bench until we can draft/trade for a QB. On a side note I find it funny that in most threads I read on here, if someone can't find something helpful to add they fall back on the "you must think this is Madden" comment, as if this is either funny or original.
  2. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    This. Also add in the fact that he is the only household name on the team. You can make an argument for Steve Smith, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and is a distant 2nd.

The Panthers will overpay to sign him to another contract. They'll have no identity if they fail to do so.
  3. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Please no, please please no.

Give me Johnny Football.
  4. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Johnny Football will enjoy NFL success comparable to Tebow and Colt Brennan. Give me a pocket passer and let's groom him for a few years
  5. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Tyler Bray.

He's going to need a couple of years on the bench. Romo has 2 yrs. remaining on his contract.

Timing works.
  6. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    ...anybody but Romo!
  7. FiveRings

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    If we do indeed draft a QB this year I'd prefer Murray. If we can get him is another story but he's tearing it up against SEC talent week in and week out.
  8. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,010 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    Landry Jones should be the next QB of this franchise period! And that RB from Florida should be the next back in Dallas! Use FA to fix the line and draft those 2 guys for the future
  9. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,391 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I like the LSU guy "Zach Mettenberger"..been watching him for few weeks and I could swear every snap he reminds me of the one and only Mr. Tom Brady..

But..for such a pocket passer you need to protect him so he needs a good OL...The kid is good though..tall, strong accurate arm and a proper NFL QB..

:cool:
  10. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    Tyler Bray has a big arm and a lot of potential, but the guy's kind of an idiot tbh. I've followed him pretty closely this season. He's immature and just sounds off in interviews. And, the one thing he really struggles with, which will kill him in the pros, is that his accuracy significantly drops when he feels any kind of pressure. He hates contact. If you watch him play, you'll notice that when pressure comes, instead of stepping into a throw and taking a shot like you have to in the NFL, he instead throws the ball off balance, falling backwards as to avoid contact. This makes his throws erratic. I'd compare him to a poor man's Jay Cutler. He's got the big arm that he's overconfident with, and he's a cocky kid with attitude. He's Cutler 2.0. But, who knows. Maybe if he sits for a couple years and really develops he could be a big time player. He certainly has the potential. It'll be interesting to see if he comes out or stays for his Senior year to improve his stock cause it's definitely fallen this season, but he could change that at pre-draft workouts.
  11. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    take Mike Glennon and let him sit for 3 years. Should be able to get him late 2 or 3.
  12. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,353 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    This:laugh2:
  13. renny

renny Member

156 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Geno Smith:) :)
  14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,144 Messages
    482 Likes Received
  15. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,144 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I would GLADLY take Geno Smith as the next QB of the Cowboys.
  16. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,881 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    I'm thinking Johnny Manziel. The Texas connection is there. Thinking like Jerry thinks, he will fill the seats. Draft him now please!
  17. FiveRings

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    To hell with filling seats I'll take Alex Smith if it means W's
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,881 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    I think Johnny is going to be the next big slash. Alex Smith, IMO, is in the same category as Kyle Orton.
  19. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,129 Messages
    1,149 Likes Received
    Jerry doesn't think like a idiot though. Even he knew to pass on Tebow.
  20. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    Ha yea right. Manziel is not a good pro prospect.. he's small, doesn't have very good arm strength, and runs a spread offense. He's like Eric Crouch. Great college player, but will not translate to the NFL. He'll be either a wide receiver or a QB in the Canadian League.