1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Cowboys' season now comes down to 2 simple goals

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Red Dragon, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,114 Messages
    1,962 Likes Received
    He just missed 400 yards and their # 1 weapon (Jimmy Graham) barely played.
  2. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    And make no mistake, he could have gone for 500 if Payton diddnt pity the people on the opposite side line. 1 record was enough for him that day.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,114 Messages
    1,962 Likes Received
    Agreed - he could have shredded us for a lot more if he wanted to.
  4. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,040 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received

me too.
  5. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,588 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    You paint with a broad brush boss! I'll actually be mad if we make the playoffs playing with this type of gameplan. Here's two goals:
    1. Run the ball more
    2. Keep this MASH UNIT of a defense of the field as much as possible by running the ball.
  6. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I thought this year was going to be different, I really did. And I was willing to stick with them even after
    The Detroit loss.........

But , The Saints really exposed us badly. I mean, It was like they were playing a college team...

These cowboys aren't different.....Same ole 8-8 if were lucky.......

Having said all that. This is the NFL. They have a second season to change it. But I don't see them doing much.
  7. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,513 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Oh.
  8. Carharris2

1,513 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Should I root for 6 losses and a high draft pick? I'm very excited someone who wants what's best for the Cowboys can now direct me to show true support.
    That's what I want to do.
  9. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

767 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    I don't pull for the team to lose, man. I am just real about it. We are a lot closer to losing 6 in a row than winning 6 in a row. I hope I am dead wrong.
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,468 Likes Received
    Don't come around here much?
  11. Carharris2

1,513 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    I do get you dude. I've heard it b4. I still think its a weak way to pull for a team. We differ in opinion.
  12. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,698 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
  13. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

627 Messages
    237 Likes Received

It's hard to root for them to lose. To be happy about it. Even during the 1-15 season and the 5 11 seasons i still liked to see them win......

But.......dont get me wrong. I'm a romo fan.....but, I really want to rebuild around a young 1st round draft pick QB and watch that to see how it develops......8-8 is getting boring....
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Even if Dallas backs into the playoffs, then what?

I don't think there's anything wrong with holding out hope but lets be honest with ourselves. Dallas has not played playoff caliber football in a decent amount of time. Getting to the playoffs with this level of play is an invitation to get embarrassed.

Injuries resolving might help the defense a little bit but not totally. Unless Miles returns to form the offense won't benefit that much from his return.

Would anyone right now pick the Cardinals to do anything if they got to the playoffs? I wouldn't but after this weekend against Jacksonville they could very well be 6-4.

You can root for Dallas while remaining objective. Plenty of fan bases have to do it which is why crappy teams still have people showing up. For some reason rooting for Dallas means that you have to expect they'll be a playoff contender even though they haven't shown that is the case.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,117 Messages
    4,586 Likes Received
    If you really think Jerry believes that barely getting the playoffs means that much then you're wrong. He will see some negatives and positives.
  16. Carharris2

1,513 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    I agree on the 8-8. This is also the most frustrated/disgusted I've felt about the Boys ever. That's since about 78 for me.
  17. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

1,060 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Squeaking into the playoffs just to get clobbered does not excite me.
  18. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,852 Messages
    1,842 Likes Received
    I'm glad our players don't have the same crappy attitude as some of our fans. Y'all do realize if we win our division we get a playoff game at HOME, which means anything can happen. We're 4-1 at home with our only loss at home against DEN (a super bowl team) and that's a game we should've won as well.

But no, the way you guys talk our players should just give up and go home now. Like many are saying, there's no point, we suck. There's no chance we could get on a hot run like the giants and go deep into the playoffs, nope. /s
    Red Dragon likes this.
  19. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,277 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    This defense isn't going to get magically better next season,the best we can do is shere up the oline and hope for the best.
  20. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,910 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    Agree. The team needs to stabilize and establish an identity. Everything else is secondary at this point...
    mitchell2254 likes this.