1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

the cuts

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hiero, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Marco Rivera? had that neck stinger
    LaRoi Glover? huge cap hit and too old and small
    Cundiff: no doubt
    McBriar: apparently hes gone
    Payton? Please god let him go to another team this time Parcells'
    Zimmer: needs to be gone if were ever going to want to generate this thing called a pass rush.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,287 Messages
    4,606 Likes Received

You have to wonder if Rivera will consider retirment.

I think it goes without saying that he has not been the same since his operation no matter if they say he is fully over it or not.
  3. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    definitely isnt. I hope for his sake and ours he retires.
  4. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Rivera already retired when he left Green Bay. I don't know who this guy we grossly overpaid in the offeason is, but he sucks.
  5. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Add:
    Kenyon Coleman
    Larry Allen
    Torrin Tucker
    Eric Obgjagjagu
    Nate Jones
  6. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tucker is definitely gone next year. Rob can stay around as depth. Tucker is such a worthless piece of crap i hope hes out of the nfl.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,287 Messages
    4,606 Likes Received

I honestly think he has never recovered from the back surgery.

This guy was a completely different player before then.

Even if a coach is the problem...it will not effect the almost lack of strength or leverage he seems to get on a consistent basis.

He is just not the same player...and who knows if he ever will be again.

Back problems can be tricky and not exactly a great job to be having if you have a back problem.

Even if your back is 100% healthy that line play has to make you sore.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,603 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    That's totally unfair. He's sucked but he hasn't exactly been flanked by all-pros. To imply that he hasn't given his all is just wrong.

Unless he retires, we are stuck with him for another 2 years at least. His cap it -- if we cut him pre-June 1 is going to be around 7.2 million. After june 1 it is 3.6 for 06 and 07. That's a lot of dead money.

And don't start with the "he'll give some of his signing bonus back". He's not a moron. He won't do that and he shouldn't.
  9. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    This guy was paid Pro Bowl calibre money to play at a Pro Bowl level. So far, he's miles away from even sniffing that kind of performance. He leads the o-line and probably the team in procedure penalties with 9. Yeah, he's great. If that's giving it his all, like I said he sucks. Whether we're stuck with him or not doesn't change that.
  10. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Ive actually thought the same thing as far as his back is concerned. I don't think it was fully healthy too, cause Ive seen him get blown up just as much as Johnson on the initial contact.
  11. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,117 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Wow, this thread is right on! Let's just cut everyone, fire everyone, and move the friggin team to LA. Wouldn't that be awesome?
  12. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why waste your and my time with such a worthless idiotic post? cutting a few people is not the whole team. Rivera may be "giving it his all" but we really should have taken him up on his offer when he offered to give back his bonus when he hurt his back. His back never recovered and were stuck with the cap ramifications.
  13. D41lasCowboys31

D41lasCowboys31 Member

813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Whats this teams record????

Cut these guys and replace them with who???
  14. D41lasCowboys31

D41lasCowboys31 Member

813 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rivera is the best RG on the roster
  15. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,117 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I agree 100% Rivera has had a tuff year and dosent deserve the contract. I do think that you are going way overboard though on many of your other proposed moves.

Oh, and by the way, don't send me PMs cursing at me and telling me not to post in "your thread". Last I checked, this is Reality's board, and he would be the one that could tell me not to post or to post in a thread, not some internet tuff guy threatening me in a PM.
  16. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that sure as hell doesnt say much about our OL now does it? Rivera needs to retire his back is finished.
  17. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,367 Messages
    1,397 Likes Received
    That and he's 33 years old, has a bad back, and bad knees. He's been pretty awful as well. He could consider retirement, but if he doesn't I'd be shocked if they cut him. They'll probably draft a guard to give him some depth and competition.

Started off great, but has really fizzled. What hurts him even more is Pepper Johnson played really well yesterday.

I'd love to see him gone, but we still need to find a decent kicker.

His inability to do kickoffs along with Cundiff's awful kicking is doing him in. If they could find an 80% kicker with decent kickoffs, he probably stays.

I'd just like to see his playcalling duties taken away once they step in the red zone.

I'd like to say one more year since this is a new scheme with a lot of rookies. The offense also hasn't been a help given opposing teams great field position and lacking the ability to pull away from opponents, thus forcing them to be more one dimensional.

But, it seems like I'm always say "wait one more year."

Rich.............
  18. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You guys want to cut Torrin Tucker? A backup tackle who managed to do alright filling in at left tackle, and who gets paid the lowest possible salary? Then what, we'll just draft a left tackle in the first round, right? Along with somebody at all the other positions you want to cut the backups for?
  19. cnhnyy

cnhnyy Member

475 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    No OL in NFL should have given up four sacks to Philip Daniels, who has four sacks total in previous three seasons. I mean, It is like some inpet CB let our WR Cooper have a 250-yard receiving game.

Tucker should be cut immediately!
  20. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hell yes i do. The guy has gotten so many chances it isnt funny. I'd rather keep Colombo on at this point, at least he may actually have some potential. We will draft a tackle 1st or 2nd rd, and then him and Rob can fight it out at RT. atl east if flo goes down Tucker wont have to play anymore.