1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Damn Hos, Why Are You Such a Greedy Draft Whore Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,386 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    Mostly because I am a greedy Draft Whore. I am adding a new feature called churn. It will mention who the draft pick replaces.

Let's play. The Patriots, desperately in need of a DE sign Marcus Spears and we receive their 1st round pick, #22. The Vikings, desperate for a SS make an offer for Gerald Sensabaugh and we get their 2nd round pick, #62.

1st round...#22...from Patriots...Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho, 6'5", 330. Nothing will convince me this isn't the guy Dallas wants the most. I think they would move Kosier to backup LG and start Iupati. Maybe not from game 1, but he will start in 2010. I considered being a real greedy whore and claiming Rolando McClain drops this far, but I backed away from that and took the guy I really do believe they want. Churn...Montrae Holland.

Phone rings...It's Al Davis and he just has to have Taylor Mays or Golden Tate, you pick which one he covets most. We get the Raiders 2nd (#39) and 3rd (#69) round picks for our 1st round pick, #27.

2nd round...#39...from Raiders...Dexter McCluster, KR/PR/WR/RB, Ole Miss, 5'9", 172. Our biggest need is to give the Offense better field position. Having this kid as a dedicated Return man accomplishes that need in big ways. 4.36 speed. I'm sold. He could develop into a #3 WR some day. Could be really dangerous on screens or in the slot. Churn...Sam Hurd.

2nd round...#59...Nate Allen, FS, South Florida, 6'0", 205. We have a good pipeline to South Florida and we use it to our advantage. One of the more under rated Safeties in this Draft because there are so many recognizable names. What's in a name? Not as much as what's in a heart, and this guy loves football. Churn...Sensabaugh.

Phone rings...Cleveland wants to take a chance on Colt McCoy before the Rams grab him at the top of the 3rd. They offer their 3rd round pick, #71 and their 5th round pick, #131, for the #62 pick we've acquired from the Vikings.

3rd round...#69...from Raiders...Dorin Dickerson, FB/H-Back/TE, Pittsburgh, 6'2", 225. Once again, this will be the most hated pick I make. Out of the backfield, this guy is the most dangerous pass catcher projected to FB in years. He has unreal speed. He has experience at WR as well and is a true matchup issue in the slot. Big time plus, he recognizes and picks up blitzes. Dallas loves the guy. If he is there, they are going to try and grab him. Churn...Deon Anderson.

3rd round...#71...from Browns...Jason Fox, OT, Miami, 6'6", 305.
    This move will allow Free to be the RT in the future when Fox is ready. This guy has a great motor and real football smarts. He is a 3rd round steal. Churn...Pat McQuistan.

3rd round...#91...Sean Lee, ILB, Penn State, 6'2", 235. If not for an ACL injury he might have been a 1st round choice. Remember the name because the interest is there. Churn...Steve Octavien.

4th round...#123...Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame, 6'4", 305.
    Quite simply one of the players I hope we get. I think he is perfect for the job once Gurode is ready to find the rocking chair. There is time to groom him as well. Churn...Duke Preston.

5th round...#131...from Browns...Rafael Priest, CB, TCU, 5'10", 185. One of the better CBs most have never heard of. No one throws at the guy. In 11 games he had only 18 tackles, but 6 pass deflections. A true nose for the football kind of kid. Provides instant depth. Churn...Cletis Gordon.

6th round...#187...Trindon Holiday, KR/PR/WR, LSU, 5'5", 170. I am willing to take a flier on a kid this fast when I have a team this close and this many draft picks. He is insurance. Churn...Shaun Suisham.

7th round...#219...Clifton Geathers, DE, South Carolina, 6'7", 300. Bowen will start, Dixon might make the team. Geathers will be groomed and could contribute. May go to the Practice Squad first. Churn...Spears.

I know, I know. But tell me what you think of it anyway.
  2. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

2,870 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Probably the greatest and yet most unrealistic draft ever assembled. :laugh2:
  3. Hostile

118,386 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    Today, you are my best friend with that slap down. Thank you. I am grinning from ear to ear.
  4. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Where the **** is Gaither??

:laugh2:

Seriously though, if we use the first two picks on OL and FS, then somehow get Dickerson or Ford in the 3rd round, then Geathers AND Linval Joseph later on...that would be awesome!
  5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Holiday and McCluster seems like overkill to me, pal...

I'm not as high on Fox as you are, either, I think we can do better at tackle...

Other than that, I like it, except for the obvious-- you really, really need a kicker in there...

<ducking for cover>
  6. Hostile

118,386 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    Haven't you heard? He gave up football to become a deity. He is on Mt. Olympus besting Hercules' own efforts in the 12 labors.
  7. Hostile

118,386 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    I have a Kicker in there though Bear. I churned Suisham out. That is the best way to have a Kicker in a mock.
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Raiders I can see being stupid. The Pats? No sir.
  9. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I thought he was starting his own religion...Gaitherism.

;)
  10. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    maybe not for that trade but I see the Pats as our best trade up partner

maybe throw in MBIII
  11. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Absolutly agree

1st round...#22...from Patriots...Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho, 6'5", 330.

Nothing will convince me this isn't the guy Dallas wants the most.

I think they would move Kosier to backup LG and start Iupati. Maybe not from game 1, but he will start in 2010
  12. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't see them forfeiting a #1 for a pedestrian talent like Spears.
  13. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not forfeiting they still get a number one pick just at 27 - and like I said throw in Hamlin -MBIII an B Carp

and Odrick will be there at 27 the DE they need
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I meant the Pats forfeiting their #1 pick for Spears, which is part of Hos' hypothetical.
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hos, you're worse than Heidi Fleiss.
  16. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,810 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    You are usually logical Hos. I think your emotions got the best of you here.
  18. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,594 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I like the wheeling and dealing, just not too keen on some of the players you want. But that is what makes it fun, we all have our pet cats.

I want Mike Iupati, however, I am wondering if going after Pouncey would be the better move, since he is more versatile....then we can go after Newhouse later in the draft and have our interior set with Kosier, Gurode, Bigg, Brewster, Pouncey, and Newhouse. Then all we would have to do is focus on our Tackle position. We have Colombo and Free, but we would still need at least one more guy. Maybe Gaither isn't a bad option, as it would give us 3 solid tackles....and we could still draft a guy like Saffold to be a backup.

Gaither, Newhouse, Gurode, Bigg, Colombo
    Saffold, Kosier, Pouncey, Brewster, Free

its late, but ill look at this more tomorrow.
  19. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Hos took some kind if dilusional happy pill...........got any more?
  20. Hostile

118,386 Messages
    1,431 Likes Received
    That's a good thing, right?