1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The eagles at 3-1

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboy_ron, Oct 2, 2012.

1. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Doesn't this have to be the softest 3-1 start in NFL history? 3-1 by a grand total of 4 points
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,609 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    I'd take it tho.

We are an awful 2-2.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who cares? This is football. You don't get points for winning pretty. Bottomline is they're 3-1 and we're 2-2.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,518 Messages
    2,105 Likes Received
    they beat the ravens

lets see how we do against them before we talk
  5. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,070 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Come week 7 they'll be 5-1 and boys will be 2-3
  6. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

719 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    They beat Ravens and Giants. Two formidable teams. I think Eagles play well when the opponent is strong. They up their game.

They were my favorites to win the division. If Vick doesn't get hurt, they will end up winning the division IMO.
  7. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,790 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    I doubt that. They have at Pittsburgh this weekend. Yeah I know Pittsburgh isn't all that but neither is Philly.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,896 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    I think Mendenhall is back as well. We'll see...
  9. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

969 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Agreed. If Philly couldn't handle Arizona's toughness on the road, they will have a very tough time @ Pittsburgh.

Especially, if Harrison and Troy comes back.
  10. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

969 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Both were @ home though and neither one of their victories have been dominating. We can't say that they were the better team on all 3 games they won.
  11. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,773 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    The Eagles defense is better and despite their own o-line woes, they get it done. They have heart, the Cowboys, well...the are soft. It's the Eagles division to lose.
  12. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,070 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    true it will be tough to win in pit. but i dont care who it is as long as pit losses im beyond happy lol.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,790 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    You would rather have Pittsburgh lose than Philly lose? I'm going to have to go with never on that one.
  14. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why don't you just go to an Iggles board all ready? I remember you being scared to death of Philly last season and they didn't even make the postseason.
  15. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure the Eagles PLASTERED the Cowboys twice in the process of not making the playoffs. They were the hottest team in the NFL at the end of the season, they just ran out of games to win.
  16. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    The Eagles are in good shape the D is fantastic and Shady Mccoy is devastating, he could carry an offense. Andy Reid will get the Eagles back to scoring points sooner or later as they're always pretty good at putting up points. Even this season the Eagles are one of the leaders in total yards, its just a matter of time.
  17. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Before some of you jump completely onto the eagles bandwagon, consider that they are a grand total of 7 points away from being 0-4 rather than 3-1..they are also the only team in the NFL with a winning record with negative net points (-17)...Vick just played the best game against the Ravens that he is likely to play all year...don't read to much into the 3-1 record at this point, they are just as likely to drop 4-5 in a row as anyone.
  18. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received

They played the Ravens at home
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter. They still beat them. A win is a win.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    No fan feels good about their team if they continue to win by the skin of their teeth. So yes it's a fraudulent 3-1 because they have 3 wins that all came late in the game. And the one loss which was a blow out