1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The first King Kong trailer

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Jun 28, 2005.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is a film I'm really looking forward to. I love the original King Kong and supposedly Jackson does too and tried to be as faithful as possible to the original film instead of some of the stories we saw in other remakes. If you're not familiar with it, this remake is made by the same team that brought you Lord of the Rings. (Peter Jackson and company) If you're watching War of the Worlds this weekend, you can also catch the trailer in front of that movie.

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=kingkong
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    We really need Quentin Tarrintino (sp?) to write some more movies.....I am beginning to wonder if any one in Hollywood can make a big film without remaking an old movie or turning an old TV show into a movie.
  3. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know if he's the best example because Tarantino remakes scenes or pays homage to several films from the 70's, it's just most of them weren't that well known. I'll give you that he's a damn creative writer.

I am behind you 100% on Hollywood's addiction to remakes, but King Kong and War of the Worlds are two remakes that I can tolerate. One, if you're going to remake a film, pick one that could really benefit from today's technology. (Even the 70's King Kong remake will look stone age compard to this one.) And two, don't bother remaking it unless you've signed up one of the betters directors in today's film industry because there's no use going for another attempt if you don't have the talent behind it to make it more enjoyable than the original version.
  4. ROMOSAPIEN9

ROMOSAPIEN9 Proud Grandpa

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received

And people wonder why Hollywood is in it's biggest and most sustained slump in history.
  5. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,146 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Too much CGI.