1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

The Galloway for Keyshawn trade?

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Banned_n_austin, Jun 18, 2005.

1. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    LMAO, ravi. No matter how many times you say that, it won't make it true - it just sheds suspicion on the rest of your takes. But sigh, since you keep saying it, I have to keep on playing my OWN broken record.

Now granted, that one lone reception of Terry's after he broke his finger on Ty Law's helmet that night is nothing to be proud of..tho Belchick had only T to scheme and made taking him out of the game the focus..as I mentioned earlier this week, with Terry smothered by Law and also the target of the rolling coverage it was up to AB to make good. Instead, AB got the dropsies.

The fact is, that minor injury to Galloway which led to him taking a night out vs the Pats is the one Tuna later referred to when he said "it was not serious, he could have played'. Galloway sitting it out did nothing to help his case with Tuna. I mean, it's not like Bill Parcells had any desire to win a game against Bill Belichick's New England Patriots.

We were not up to the Pats that night, tho we battled them gamely. Galloway chose to observe from the sidelines.

Ahh, the Bucs! Where he was supposed to make such a difference. Okay, like Glenn last year he got hurt..nothing as severe but a groin pull is serious enough. He played in ten games but only started seven. He had 33 receptions, (I think..have to check that one, one less than his 34 whole receptions here in 03.) But I know his ypc was WAY down. In 03 it was close to 20 yds, last year in Tampa it was only a bit over 10. What I read around an about was he played so poorly and disappointed Gruden so badly that he'll be lucky to be the third receiver this year.

Laugh!!! What the team needed was someone to go over the middle, the bigger AB and Galloway lacked the balls to do so. All Joey wanted to do was race downfield and get big yardage. He'd scoot for the sidelines if he thought a hit was coming his way. He drew double coverage much less than you make out. One trick pony was easily handled by just looking cross eyed at him.

Yeah, yeah, always the QB's fault. Galloway, like Glenn is a VETERAN receiver. It is their responsibility to HELP a developing QB, and the developing wideouts. Joey did nothing visible to help Q, and it was Terry who was assigned to help AB. Galloway wasn't a team player, pure and simple. All for himself. Just let me run downfield and wait for a ball to fall into my arms. Sorry, but that 'tude is why he is gone and KJ here.

And hey, funny how Richie Anderson managed to catch Q's balls that year. No, Carter wasn't Unitas. But Galloway did NOTHING but the bare minimim, which is why he is G-O-N-E, gone.

And it will be the same ole, same ole for the rest of his career. Good players adjust, adapt, diversify their games, mentor, reflect, take on more routes, more responsibilities. Prima donnas like Galloway do nothing but rely on their god given speed, (which in JG's case ain't much anymore I suspect) and stagnate.

All conditions must be right for me to earn my paycheck. Cause I'm special I'm fast.

Personally, I can't stomach players like Gallowaste. Over-rated talent to begin with, and then year after year, the same old repertoire. Run downfield and flex his puny biceps. He's a joke. This guy was lucky enough to cash in on his speed..cashing in a second time was dependent upon some moxie, or some team spirit, which is why he was cashed out.

LOL That is not why KJ was benched. But at least he had the sand to confront Gruden, not play the passive aggressive little wuss game Joey played with Tuna.

Oh, so there must have been one game last year he caught four or five passes. LOL! What accounted for that almost ten yard drop in his average reception yardage? Let me guess, a wco, a bad OC. A BAD QUARTERBACK.

Rofl......he sparked his own destruction here. By being a bad example - a selfish player who just wanted the damn ball, but wouldn't do any of the dirty work to earn it.

He sucks. :bang2:
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

57,497 Messages
    9,701 Likes Received
    Morgans' problem last year has been well documented. He will be much better this year and will surprise all his doubters. Remember he was the 2nd pick in the 2nd round only a few years ago. This kid does have some talent. Despite your opinion of Morgan, how in the world do you wish AB was still here after what he did?
  3. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

8,019 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    galloway's best year came in his third of four seasons with dallas. and didn't surpass keyshawn's first season with the cowboys.

IMO, keyshawn brings leadership that galloway never exhibited.

i wouldn't trade him back for two galloways.
  4. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was at that Pats game and Galloway not playing was a dagger. With him on the field we might have won that game. Instaed Pats took Glenn out and it was over. Very physical and close game..... Pats actually were lucky to get out of there....
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,350 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    How in the world has this thread gone THREE pages without anyone pointing out that we didn't TRADE Galloway for Keyshawn????

We released Galloway and signed Keyshawn as a free agent.

Since they went to opposite teams, I guess it seems like a trade... but it wasn't.

All in all, I prefer Key to Joey, but we didn't trade the one for the other in the strictest sense.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

28,380 Messages
    8,594 Likes Received
    We did?

Wow.

That was a bad trip, man.
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,350 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If you recall, Galloway was a FA for a good period of time while Tampa tried to get their cap situation worked out.

I remember that some here were arguing that we should sign Key and keep Galloway since we had the cap room. Since Joey got knicked up pretty early on, it was a good move to release him.

But yeah... this was the trade where no trade actually ocurred.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,733 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    I hope Morgan does prove me wrong. I know AB had issues, but he also had talent, something which can't be overlooked, cause right now we need young talent at the WR spot by any means necessary.
  9. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,162 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Sorry for flooding this board with old news, Hos. I now realize this could distract you from all the stuff happening during this busy part of the year. I could imagine how pissed you would be looking for Lance SHulters news only to find this thread sitting at the top. ;)
  10. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,162 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I agree with every thing but this LTN. AB went over the middle plenty of times last year. He wasn't scared too, the team stopped using him in that role because he couldn't stop the drops. And against new england, it was both of their faults. Terry is just as responsible, if not more (being a leader and a vet) than AB with the collapse against new england.
  11. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,162 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Me personally, I thought he was a little justified. By all accounts (going by memory) he was the best looking reciever on the field. From the outside looking in, parcells does tend to favor his guys, and Im not saying thats whats happening, but what is AB supposed to think?

I also saw some of the games he put up in cleveland and I wonder if wr would be such a ? at this point if we didn't trade him for morgan.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

57,497 Messages
    9,701 Likes Received
    All coaches favor their own guys + AB hadn't really proven anything consistently yet on the field = shut your pie hole and show BP you deserve to start.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Huh? Who said I was pissed? I just find it funny to revisit old transactions. Nothing more.
  14. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,162 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Well its kinda funny. WHen trade happens or days after the draft many people say that we have to wait until we see them on the field. Well, we've seen Key and Galloway on the field with their new teams and are assessing the trade. I don't really see why you find it funny, its not like anyone is whining for galloway to come back. And the AB trade also deserves some discussion since many people have different views on it. SHould we not discuss moves our team made after we see how they paid off and everyone has an informed opinion on it?
  15. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Living in the past with regards to transactions is always funny to me. I never said it couldn't be discussed. Did I? All comments on it are relevant except mine? Then don't read mine. It's really just that simple.
  16. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,162 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Calm down.
  17. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,294 Messages
    243 Likes Received
    Really?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/7189247

18. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    I guess I don't get it. It doesn't get much clamer than amusement.
  19. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,162 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    "All comments on it are relevant except mine? Then don't read mine. It's really just that simple."
    Seems like you think I didn't want you to post and it seems you're getting a little steamed. I just want to know whats so amusing about discussing a trade, evaluatiing wether its good, bad, whatever.
  20. Hostile

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    To you, apparently nothing. I found it amusing.