1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Giants Resurgence Is A Myth

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by beevomav, Nov 18, 2013.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,252 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    Hi. Are you new here? :p
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    No, just forgot to take my valium today. :p
    ScipioCowboy likes this.
  3. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,867 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Giants picked themselves up from an 0-6 start and have gotten back into the mix. We seem to be going in the opposite direction. Hopefully this will change on Sunday. If not, we may soon be in their rear view mirror...
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,116 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    You can only beat the teams on your schedule. No, the Giants haven't looked great in wins over terrible teams. Now, they get their chance to prove themselves with a win over a mediocre team that's playing like junk. Who knows what will happen.
  5. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    The issue is, will this give the Giants renewed confidence. Unless Eli comes out of his season long slump, I don't believe it will..
  6. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Active Member

326 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    They haven't beat anyone...we haven't beat anyone. Should be a good matchup.
  7. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    someone is going to claim victory over a nobody team.
  8. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Valium? You need to stop that stuff, period!

Try doing what I do, smoke some hash. Yeah, it's hard to get the corned beef lit, but it's better than taking hard drugs like you are doing!

(some peoples mods)
  9. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    dang, i was trying to light up hash browns. oh well better eating.
  10. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,434 Messages
    912 Likes Received
    That's really the biggest concern for me. Giants have been able to build some confidence against those poor teams while the Cowboys are reeling from the Saints' loss.

I don't believe the Giants are playing much better than they were at the beginning of the year, but confidence can do a lot for a team.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    if the cowboys started 0-6, they'd quit on the season. you have to respect what the giants have done. their players have character, their locker room has real leaders unlike our sappy bunch.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,881 Messages
    7,619 Likes Received
    Where do you come up with this stuff, Zordon?
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    2010 season.

quit last year vs the seahawks.

quit this year vs the saints.

they have no character, no backbone, nothing to stand up to adversity. it's the same reason they let a silly penalty always ruin their drives.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,881 Messages
    7,619 Likes Received
    Just a weird conclusion to jump to. They did quit in 2010 under the old coach, which is what got that coach fired the next week. They didn't quit v. the SEA or the Saints, though, not even close. This team has a ton of character, and they almost always play tough with a history of winning the games they're supposed to win. The problem with this team is that it's not good enough, not that it lacks character.

I don't understand why fans can't just see the problems for what they are: poor pass defense, an accumulation of injuries, and now, issues with the third down offense being able to stay on the field. There's no need to go borrowing imaginary troubles to do with everything else. The explanation your own eyes are telling you ought to be sufficient. This stuff about character and backbone--by whatever imaginary metric you're pretending to measure it--is just noise. It's not sufficient to explain anything.

It also doesn't happen to be the reason we get offensive penalties, for the record.
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Must be doing something right on defense. They've only given up 240 rushing yards in the past 4 games. Or to put it another way, in those 4 wins they have given up 2 less total rushing yards than New Orleans had against Dallas. Coincidentally in the same 4 game span they have given up 2 fewer points than Dallas gave up to New Orleans.
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Don't forget 2011 when the directive was handed down by JJ to completely pull out against the Eagles in week 16 because "it didn't mean anything".