1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The It's Wednesday and I'm Bored Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU, 6'1", 220. QBs go early. Great athletes fall to ready teams. We're ready. Best player in this Draft class. He is equally good in run or pass support, returns punts, and is a team leader. I am saying we should move Newman to FS and have him put on 10 pounds. He will benefit from getting to face the football. We get the best cover corner in this crop.

2. Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida, 6'5", 320. Maurkice Pouncey's twin. We need interior OL to start shoring up this team, especially in the running game.

3. Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC, 6'5", 300. If you have not seen this kid play, do yourself a favor and watch him. He is nasty. A potential Pro Bowler down the road when he matures a little. He never stops. If he knocks his guy down he either makes sure he stays down or looks for someone else to hit.

4. Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa, 6'4", 225. I removed him from my last Mock and I regretted it. Perfect backup QB who can be groomed to one day start in the NFL. I don't mind McElroy of Bama later, but if Stanzi is here in the 4th, I make the move.

5. JaQuizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State, 5'7", 190. Our 3rd RB behind Jones and Choice needs to be a return guy who can come in on 3rd downs. In the open field, no one will catch this guy. Yes, I am projecting Barber will be gone.

6a. Owen Marecic, FB, Stanford, 6'1", 245. Getting stronger right up the middle is a theme in this draft. Nothing helps an OL more than a FB who can lead block and level his assignment. This kid is a hole opener and bulldozer.

6b. Mike Mohammed, ILB, California, 6'3" 240. Gets to the ball carrier. Very good on blitzes. Wraps up when he tackles and tries to strip the ball. Pick from the Chargers for Crayton.

7a. Cecil Shorts, WR, Mount Union, 6'1", 200. Small school kid with big time production. Check out these numbers. 2008...77, 1484 and 23 scores. 2009...100, 1736 and 19 scores. Also played QB and ran 34 times for 206 yards and 8 more scores. Is an All American sprinter on their track team. Don't sleep on this Div III guy. Goodbye Ogletree.

7b. Jason Pinkston, OT, Pittsburgh, 6'5", 310. His Draft stock is down due to a previous knee injury. Was once a 2nd round projected OT. Worth the gamble. Pick from Miami for McQuistan.

You're always welcome to hate it.
  2. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,238 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    How about a what if we switch back to the 4-3 mock?

Would you trade back for Clayborn?

What OLBs do you like?
  3. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,808 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Anything that has Peterson in it, I'll most likely love.

I need to catch a USC game to take a gander at O'Dowd.
  4. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,351 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    so what are the cons to o'dowd that makes him a 3rd rounder?
  5. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Injury last year. Knee cap.
  6. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I should fess up. He is from Tucson.

He is the first freshman to ever start his first game at Center in USC History and one of only 3 freshmen to start on the OL for USC since WWII.

I'm slightly biased here.
  7. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,431 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    Love picks 1-3 and 6a.
  8. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Keep them coming Hos. I love those mocks.
  9. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love cecIl shorts the kid has some serious potential and could really blossom under ray Sherman
  10. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I like Matt Szczur for a small school guy. No one really talks about him, but he's a gamer.
  11. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not crazy about . Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida, 6'5", 320

I rather have

Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA

Quan Sturdivant, ILB, North Carolina

FS Quinton Carter OK 6-1 #195

you need to check out a OK game

Carter is exactly the type of versatile defensive back NFL teams are looking for to slow down the pass-happy offenses in today's game. He has played strong and free safety in Bob Stoops' defense at Oklahoma because of his physicality and speed; his ability to make the big hit, support the run, play centerfielder, or even line up in man coverage is rare among college safeties.

according to Walter mock they should be
  12. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Still shocked that they let that kid get out of town. Thought for sure he would have stayed at home and played at UofA. I'm still stinging from that loss last Sat by the way. You guys have a very good young football team though.
  13. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Thanks man. We should have beaten Oregon State though. Their QB was just hot at the right times. We could be looking Rose if not for that guy.

Scared of Oregon though.
  14. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,546 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Love the first three picks but I am a little wary of the O'Dowd's knee. Durablitiy will the key for him. If everything checks out, I am all for drafting him. He is one nasty player when he is healthy.
  15. eightysiX

eightysiX Member

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that draft sounds good to me! although didn't we loose our 7th from picking up price?
  16. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The knee cap is just one of many.

His has a list of injuries longer than Schindler's.
  17. Christiann

Christiann Active Member

532 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I like it, especially the first 3 rounds, except maybe switch out Pouncey for a FS, but I would not be complaining at all if we took interior o-line in the 2nd. I'm not sold on Stanzi, how would you feel about waiting a year or two for Barkley? I watch USC alot and i think he's going to be very good with grooming.
  18. Hostile

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Yes sir, nice catch.
  19. Goldenrichards83

Goldenrichards83 Active Member

1,612 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Any draft that has us taking 2 offensive lineman in the first 3 rds are fine with me.
  20. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Where did Dallas get another 6th?

I think the Crayton trade upgrades to a 6th if he catches 40 balls, but as of now is a 7th (although he's on pace to upgrade that pick)

I thought the McQ trade was for a swap of 6ths if Miami had a worse record.....which I don't see happening.