1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The natives are getting restless

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,913 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    Oh, I get what you were trying to say. It's just such a tired line that you used...I was curious how you would respond. I'm afraid you dissappointed. I'm sure it's not the first time.
  2. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,459 Messages
    2,876 Likes Received
    $4000 for a PSL to watch this team go 2-3 at home.

I feel sorry for you guys, Jerry should be wearing a ski mask when he sends the bills out. Yall are getting flat out robbed, seriously.
  3. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

797 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Funny your coming out of the closet and writing saying such sacreligious stuff about chenging teams because I have been thinking the same thing. There's something that turns me on about the star on the helmet I cannot explain but I'm so tired of such consistently poor performances with no one in the organization really getting upset about it. When I switch the channel and watch tom brady conduct a 90 yard, 13 play drive with near perfection. Or P Manning in denver methodically working his team down the field for a TD, then immediately going to the sidelines discussing the events that lead to each play with his Olinemen, back and receivers intently listening to his every word. I love that stuff. I admire the SF defense shutting down a high powered NO offense with great heads up tackling, playing a receiver perfectly with no penalties and the NYG defensive scheme which threw relentless blitzes on a very cunning GB QB in Rodgers throughout the game where he could never get into a rythm. I hate the NYG and 4Winers but I admire good teams that play great. I'm actually find myself rooting for Denver and Houston since they are so well coached and easy to watch playing good fundemental football and celebrating as a team. Unfortunately I dont think I will ever give up the star but lately more than ever it's like watching a head on collusion with every game the boys play.
  4. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    I'll continue selling mine. I have absolutely no desire to waste my Sunday's watching this team live right now, especially when there are people out there dumb enough to pay 3x-6x more than face-value for the tickets.
  5. Section444

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    I paid even more :bang2:
  6. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,913 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. This season has really forced me to evaluate why I started watching football in the first place. In the 80's, it was about watching the team my dad and grandfather watched. I inherited this team. My fandom was then solidified by the early 90's watching them dominate. My fandom fell off a bit when I joined the Army in 98. I really didn't pick up watching them again until 2004 when Parcells took over. I watched as the Cowboys were raised from the ashes under Parcells guidance only to see them dive back into the fire shortly after Wade took over. Since then it's been dissappointing season after dissappointing season. I'm really not sure how much more of this I can take.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Well when people complain about the crowds and the atmosphere at the stadium they should remember this post.
  8. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good grief.
  9. Section444

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    It has nothing to do with the opposing fans. At the games, even the Cowboys fans there just stop cheering after the first quarter. This just isn't a very passionate fan base.
  10. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    sounds alot like the Game against the skins...The place was rocking!! and then we sat on our hands untik they decided they wanted to play catch up
  11. Section444

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    That's every single game in that place. For the first five-ten minutes, it feels like I'm in Seattle. The rest of the game, the reality that I'm sitting at a Cowboys home game kicks in.
  12. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,913 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    What is this door that everyone is talking about?
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    cool story.
  14. msfraser302

msfraser302 New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I enjoy the new stadium, its way better that Texas Stadium. More expensive, of course, everything is and its just not our stadium, been to rfk, meadowlands and the Linc in philly, prices are about the same. I like our digs way better, not even close to anything else in the NFC East.

Is it crowed, yup, VERY... but its 90-100K people what do you expect, great place to watch a game though and that monster screen is every bit of awesome.

I go to the games because 1. I Love the Cowboys. 2. I Love pro football. 3. I Love the Cowboys.I will support this team no matter what, we aren't gonna win the SB every year anyway, would be nice though.

This team has alot of work to do in the coaching and player areas, the owner is not gonna change. Period. Get past that. Jerry wants to win and I am confident he will atleast try to do that, one of these years the pieces will fall into place and we will make a run, maybe be competitive for a few years.

We are not the only team struggling this year and I think we will see more 8-8 playoff teams in the years ahead. The league has become very competitive and the playing surface has levelled across the league. You still have elite teams and the basement dwellers but the middle of the pack is where most teams seem to fall and only separated by 1 or 2 wins.

This year is toast but I will still go to the games and watch the road games on TV because I just love the game and Cowboys.
  15. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

I applaud you and feel the same about always going and supporting.

I liked texas stadium more by leaps and bounds...but its just an opinion.
  16. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I think the environment is a result of [1] business people buy seats - not families and/or fans (too expensive), and [2] the team has not won anything in 17 years.

So business people do the golf clap and sigh as things continue to be mediocre. Real fans are upset at home.