1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The Nfc East

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dargonking999, Oct 11, 2005.

1. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    The winer of this divsion IMO will be going to the NFC championship

In this divsion you have 4 of the top 8 records in the confernce

you have the only divsion with every single team above .500

the only divsion where every team as 3 wins.

If you win this divsion, you will be at the NFC championship

the NFC may suck, but the NFC east, is by far one of the toughest divsion in the NFL. (whether you beilive in the redskins or not)
  2. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is by far the best division in football and that is probably true. Also have people noticed that a lot of the so called experts are now joining the Cowboys bandwagon like Salsbury and Irvin who at times appears like the team he played for was the Eagles. They think we can win the division.
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    NFL.com has a poll up on the front page asking who will win the NFC East. Eagles are winning it, barely.
  4. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,392 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Don't count out Atl. just yet.
  5. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    They aren't in the NFC East.
  6. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    While I do agree with you, the Redskins and Giants aren't as good as they (and many others) think they are IMO.
  7. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,105 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I have a feeling that the NFC Championship game may be between two NFC East opponents. It may just work out that way if the winner of the NFC East ends up the 2nd seed.

Let's face it, it's not going to be the Redskins. It will either be the Giants, Eagles or Cowboys, and there is no longer a clear favorite IMHO. This weekend's game is big because it's at home.
  8. dal0789

dal0789 New Member

592 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys now lead the vote
    for most likely to win the nfc east,
  9. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think that the NFC East is the second best division in the NFL, just behind the AFC West.

Denver, KC, San Diego, and Oakland is pretty tough. The NFC East's records may be better, but we've had an easier schedule.

Too bad for all these teams that they all play each other this year
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I had to guess the final standings, Id say:

1: Philly: 11-5
    2: Dallas: 9-7
    3: NY: 9-7
    4: Washington: 7-9

Washington is a fraud, they are not up to par with the other 3, however I think its very possible that the Cowboys and Giants are the two wild card teams.
  11. Gordon

Gordon New Member

760 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think there's a good chance this division puts 3 teams in the play-offs, so chances are 1 of them shows up in the NFCC.
  12. AmericasTeam31

AmericasTeam31 Active Member

1,227 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Uhhhhh...... We played San Diego and Oakland we're 1-1 The Eagles beat the Chiefs, and the Redskins almost pulled it off IN Denver, if it weren't for the tuck rule they get that safety and who knows what happens..... The Giants did get beat by the Chargers, pretty good too, But IMO the Chargers were desperate at 0-2 at that point. So we're 2-3 against them with 4 of the 5 games on the road. That doesn't make them look THAT good.
  13. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

26,149 Messages
    1,639 Likes Received
    QwickDraw I agree with you Giants and Redskins are posers. The first 8 games tells one story and the last 8 tells the real story. Redskins, Eagles, Giants all fall down as the Dallas Cowboys Star begins its ascent!
  14. lane

lane The Chairman

11,291 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    neither are the eagles. the eagles will not even go to the playoffs.
  15. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,786 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Everyone keeps writing off the Redskins, but they keep on winning and almost pulled off a huge upset IN Denver. Denver is no pushover folks; and the Deadskins played them very tough.
  16. Taylor_Can_Hit21

Taylor_Can_Hit21 Member

271 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey...never rule the skins out in a game...thats all i'm gonna say about my team. Offense is getting better, defense is taking baby steps backwards. As far as i'm concerned the records in the division tells it all. It is MUCH more wide open now that you all beat the eagles. I give you guys props, showed a lot of heart in that game. Jevon Kearse is a freakin baby! I can't believe he whined about you all going for 4th downs.

This division is looking very scary and it will come down to the teams winning games in the division.
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    we could be posers too, the Eagles as well, it can't be one without the other
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    how you like us? think we past that test? lol

I like that D you got, very disciplined, evidenced by Denver fooling nobody with that Plummer bootleg in the 4th, Portis needs to get into the endzone though, cuz 53 attempts by Brunell, looking good, and you still lose, it's going to be a fight for sure
  19. Taylor_Can_Hit21

Taylor_Can_Hit21 Member

271 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hell...i think every team in this division goes 8-8 or above. Yeah...the sad thing is we dominated and the refs sucked for both teams. I am not saying that is why we lost...we just didn't make enough plays. Denver made the big plays and they got rewarded with the W.

What Portis needs is the "desire" to get into the endzone...such as that of Tomlinson. He is a good back and he plays extremely hard...hey, he had a big game against KC the last time he played them. 220 yards 5 TD's if i'm not mistaken...i'm hoping for that kind of production from him this week. Doubt it will happen though.

The Denver game to me was a good indication that our offense is getting better, and that our team has A LOT of heart. Moss is clutch...thats all i'm gonna say. Denver is playing good D, and is very tough to beat at home. We hung with them and actually played better than them...i'm proud of our guys even though we lost. They never gave up during the game.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm just saying, Portis needs to find the endzone because Brunell doesn't score enough points to win against a quality defense, which he will see when he faces the Eagles twice and Dallas again, and they both have Os that can put points on the board, Giants too