1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The NFC Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by koolaid, Nov 12, 2013.

1. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,778 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    The current NFC standings are as follows:

Division Leaders

1. Seahawks (9-1) - They play the saints on Dec 2. Could determine the #1 Seed. Right now I think the hawks need it more. It will be interesting to see if Harvin can bring a spark to the offense.

2. Saints (7-2) - Possibly the most dangerous team in the NFC right now. They need to play Carolina twice which could potentially push them into a wild card slot if things get wacky.

3. Lions (6-3) - The Lions have a way of shooting themselves in the foot. Several favorable games down the stretch which could move them to the #2 slot if they take care of business and the Saints drop a few.

4. Cowboys (5-5) - If we beat the Eagles we have a very good chance of getting in, even at 8-8. Our remaining schedule is awesome

12 Nov 24 DAL @ NYG
    13 Nov 28 OAK @ DAL
    14 Dec 09 DAL @ CHI
    15 Dec 15 GB @ DAL
    16 Dec 22 DAL @ WAS

Wild Card

5. Panthers (6-3) - Tough defense, but still a very beatable team. Games against the Saints (x2) and Patriots will be a good measuring stick.

6. 49ers (6-3) - Seem to be trending down. Not sure what happened to CK but he seems to have lost his Mojo.

Outside Looking In
    Cardinals (5-4), Bears (5-4), Packers (5-4), Eagles (5-5), Rams (4-6)

Cardinals are the biggest surprise here. Packers fans must be going nuts right now without Rodgers. The only way I see the eagles getting in is through us.

So all things considered, we are still in as good of a position as we could ask for. We control our own destiny and we can keep the eagles out of the playoffs. If we end up drawing a home game against any of the wild card teams right now we have a good shot of moving on to the next round. I think the most dangerous team would be Green Bay if they can find a way to stay in it until Rodgers gets healthy.
  2. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,993 Messages
    520 Likes Received
    I think you should stop drinking your avatar ;)