1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The NFL is rigged

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CATCH17, Oct 27, 2013.

1. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

742 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Glad I'm not the only one who saw that. Was screaming at the TV on that play.
  2. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,114 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    in everyone of these close losses, a call by the refs late has helped the other team win.every last one of them. that's why we have 3 losses by a total of 5 points.screw the NFL!
    treykin32 and Carharris2 like this.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Even in a game where Dallas has 2 penalties and the opponent has 8 there are still fingers pointed at officiating.
    cowboyvic likes this.
  4. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,418 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    I'm telling you Hayden was held terribly on the long pass to
    There has to be when the exact same play is called and one team has the flag picked up for them and the other does not. The refs let them play, I have no problem with the hold but the PI on OScan was a joke and ultimately contributed to the loss today- as did the picked up flag.
  5. Kingsham

Kingsham Active Member

409 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    I knew I wasnt the only one who noticed that. I was like ***?
  6. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,351 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    When you leave it close, you put yourself in a position to have the zebras decide the game. What was the turnover differential again? Why was it so close?
  7. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

1,001 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    The trip calls usually go against us. Oldtimers will remember the infamous Benny Barnes tripping call Cowboys/Steelers SB that gave Steelers momentum
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,145 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    there's finger pointing at officials when we win by 20.
  9. jimmy40

15,145 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    because some dude went off for 329 yards receiving?
  10. HeavyBarrel

HeavyBarrel Well-Known Member

1,082 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    Ok, I'll play along.....the 9-11 game against the Jets still pisses me off, no way the refs were gonna call anything against the the Jets that night....But Dallas didn't help themselves either.
    lane likes this.
  11. spook930

spook930 Active Member

426 Messages
    70 Likes Received
  12. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,114 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    It's when they are called not how many.these calls are coming with the game on the line. that hold is what gave the Lions a chance. without that call that game was over.
    Carharris2 and Boyzmamacita like this.
  13. links18

9,351 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    Why did we let him go off for 329 yards receiving? Was he just making plays or did we fail to scheme effectively?
  14. jimmy40

15,145 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    because we paid some guy $50 million to be able to cover someone one on one.
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    No there doesn't have to be.

I think what a lot of people forget while watching TV is that the officials don't have the obvious and clear birds-eye view that fans are given. They get one angle and a lot of times much of what determines what is or is not truly a penalty is obscured from view.

It happens every week in single games and if you tried to compare across games you'd lose your mind.

When you win the turnover battle 5-0 and can't even manage to keep time of possession in your favor and ultimately lose the game........safe to say that countless screw ups along the way were far more influential than 2 penalties that were called, one of which you don't agree with.
  16. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,996 Messages
    1,294 Likes Received
    I actually thought it was PI on Dez on his one handed catch in the EZ. That should have been interference. No flag.

If he doesn't make a one handed catch, we are kicking a FG.

The PI late when their shoes bumped was pretty bad.
    treykin32 likes this.
  17. jimmy40

15,145 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    How dare you bring common sense to a Cowboyszone blame everything on the officials thread?
    Common Sense likes this.
  18. jimmy40

15,145 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    yea I thought it was too but Dez gets away with some pushoffs so probably evens out.
  19. links18

9,351 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    The officials in general have too much impact on the outcome of games. Something needs be done about PI. Make it reviewable or something. Of course, this would only encourage the refs to call it more often.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  20. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,156 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    Exactly. Some people don't get how it's the timing of the calls, their inconsistency, and the lack of calling legitimate ones, e.g. holds or hands to the face against Ware that have not been called that are obvious. Not necessarily the amount. In close games those matter and there's no way to prove "conspiracy". Of course the immediate rebuttal of those who hold the opposite viewpoint is the Pavlovian response of "tin-foil" wearing idiot. I'm sorry, but having the same exact call charged as a PI against you, overturned in the same game that went for you with the refs saying that "both were playing the ball" when the defender wasn't even looking at the ball at all prior to it in the same game, is evidence that something fishy is going on.