1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

The one Cowboy you would love to meet?

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by SteveOS, Jun 9, 2006.

1. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who is the one Cowboy player (current or past), you would love to just sit down and kick it with and why?

I'd have to go w/ Troy Aikman myself, I have so much respect for him. He was one of the best when he played the game and now one of the best calling the game.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    jose cortez because he is awful

but kick it with...

Id say Larry Allen just because ive never really heard him talk. I wonder if he is articulate. And I think it would also be really cool to see just how big he is. I mean, im no shrimp, but im pretty sure he would dwarf me.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Staubach because he's my favorite player of all time.
  4. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,241 Messages
    4,571 Likes Received
    Be hard to choose.

I think one of the five.

Randy White - The Manster, he was just starting when I started watching football.

Roger - Captain America- As a Cowboy fan how could you not want to talk with the Heisman winning, Superbowl winning and veteran Military man.

Tony D - Touchdown Tony - I know Emmitt holds all the records but I just enjoyed watching Tony run more.

Irvin - The Playmaker - Just because as a person he seems like someone who you could really have a time talking with and laughing about things.

Leon Lett - Probably for the same reasons I listed Irvin. I am person that likes to talk, joke around, laugh and just have a fun time. I also like a person that likes to laugh and joke around.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,800 Messages
    1,671 Likes Received
    Roger without question. But would love to talk to Lilly as well.
  7. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I'd say M. Stepnowski and N. Newton would be the most fun to party with .
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,135 Messages
    1,153 Likes Received
    I would prob go with more of the regular guy player, unsung guys... like Moose or Novacek or Woodson.... maybe hang with wildman Haley... I have met Emmitt, Irvin, Deion... Troy would be nice... but not a must do....
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Roger Staubach. He was my first hero and the one player I am still in awe of. That's why I'm so jealous of Da Fan.
  10. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bill Parcells.
  11. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Roger and then Emmitt.

Roger was my first real memories as a Cowboys fan!
  12. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Troy Aikman......came close, but something always messed it up.
  13. DCowboyz

DCowboyz New Member

104 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Deion Sanders..
  14. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Way more than one guy I would love to sit and talk with but if I had to narrow it down I would say Bob Lilly. I met him once when I was 5 and I've been a Cowboys fan ever since.
  15. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no question.....troy aikman.

emmitt a close second, and probably woody 3rd.
  16. fweegy

fweegy Active Member

788 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    It can only be one man, Roger the Dodger.....although i would not mind meeting Jackie Smith, I GOT SOMETHING FOR THAT MAN!!!!
  17. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of the current Cowboys I'd like to meet Witten and Newman.

Of former Cowboys I guess it would be Aikman, Irvin and Emmitt now since I have already meet Staubach, Pearson and Dorsett.
  18. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,503 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Man, that is SO hard. For years, it was Roger by a mile. Then Emmitt came along, and slowly but surely, he became not only my favorite Cowboy, but my favorite NFL player of all time.

So, I guess it would have to be Emmitt, with Roger the next afternoon. I would love to pick my man's brain about what he was thinking during all those great moments in his career. Like when he played with the dislocated shoulder for the second half against the Giants, or during the drive against the Bills in Super Bowl XXVIII, when he put the team on his shoulders, then shouted at the cameras after finishing it off with that awesome touchdown.

My meeting with Roger would be at Texas Stadium, running routes for him. Man, can you imagine taking throws from Captain America on the Texas Stadium turf?? I know he can still whip it. He & his buddies kicked Troy's team's butt in an exhibition not too long ago. Playing catch with Troy would be a hoot, too, but I don't know if I could grab some of his heaters..........:)
    It sure would be fun to try, though.
  19. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    i would like to meet Mr. Landry. He seems like a guy that would be willing to sit down and talk to people next would be Roy Williams or Terrance Newman
  20. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,096 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Troy Aikman without a doubt.

Not just because I grew up being a major fan of his and he helped guide the Cowboys to three Super Bowl victories, but given his current status as an elite broadcaster and still being around the game I imagine he could give one quite an education about the NFL.